Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Caravan Traffic Jam  (Read 809 times)

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Caravan Traffic Jam
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:25:38 am »

I have two trade depots, both of which are accessible. A dwarven caravan has come to the one closest to the entrance of the fortress, but they now appear to be stuck, each wagon two spaces behind the one in front, with the front wagon sitting in the middle of the depot.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

ETA: I've found out what caused the problem: the pack animals went to my old depot, while the wagons went to the new one.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:20:25 pm by Grumman »

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Caravan Traffic Jam
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:41:15 pm »

Having more than one trade depot can cause caravans to go bonkers - even if only one of the depots is accessible.

In one fort I had 1 trade depot, bricked it up (with the elves inside) and built a new depot outside to trade with useful people. The humans used the new depot fine but the dwarf caravan sailed into the new depot and....vanished.

I had to forbid all the elf corpses and junk, break the wall down and deconstruct the old depot to make them work the next year.  :D

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:08:12 pm »

Having more than one trade depot can cause caravans to go bonkers - even if only one of the depots is accessible.

In one fort I had 1 trade depot, bricked it up (with the elves inside) and built a new depot outside to trade with useful people. The humans used the new depot fine but the dwarf caravan sailed into the new depot and....vanished.

I had to forbid all the elf corpses and junk, break the wall down and deconstruct the old depot to make them work the next year.  :D
When I made like four at one time ( each accessible in any direction ) , they didn't go bonkers, they just went to the nearest one.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:22:24 pm »

I deconstructed my old trade depot and the caravan left. Strangely, the caravan left at least part of its wares behind, something I only realised when I saw the cloud of miasma rising from the abandoned food.

I assume that the problem occurred because my sally port was open, giving the pack animals a shortcut to my old depot.

Coke_Can64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:04:12 am »

I deconstructed my old trade depot and the caravan left. Strangely, the caravan left at least part of its wares behind, something I only realised when I saw the cloud of miasma rising from the abandoned food.

I assume that the problem occurred because my sally port was open, giving the pack animals a shortcut to my old depot.
That's an (very) old bug which occurs when you deconstruct a depot with stuff 'out ready to trade', you basically get the stuff for free. I'm not sure if the traders get angry or not though.
I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME DRILLING HOLES IN ELVES
+Population Myminicity
+Tra Myminicity
+Ind Myminicity