Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quit Searching!  (Read 440 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quit Searching!
« on: November 29, 2008, 05:44:55 pm »

yeah, i like the site finder on the world embark screen, but i happen to search for things that are very simple, and the things get found very quickly.

even though what i asked for is found, the game insists on searching through all of its whatevers until its done.

i don't want this, the MOMENT it finds what i want, i want it to stop and zoom onto it.

is that too much to ask?

alternatively, if it insists on searching through all of them, can it put all of the positive results into a big list that i can scroll through and pick out the one i want?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: Quit Searching!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 06:06:43 pm »

Seconded.

But remember, the finder's a fairly new feature ,and greatly prefferable to having to look manually. It wouldn't surprise me if the finder gets some improvements in the next version.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Mikko

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:11:32 pm »

Approved.

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:24:23 pm »

There's been a lot of talk on finder optimization and the stop now, search next word processor functioning is one of the things.
I'm hoping for a little more useful info, I want a dwarven prospector to survey the site. I can't see how dwarves would go to a place to start a colony and not know if there's metal or water. And if they got there and they were wrong? That should really impact immigration.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer