Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A holiday gone horribly wrong: A freeform survival game  (Read 3088 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A holiday gone horribly wrong: A freeform survival game
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 11:00:39 pm »

Eheheheh, good try, I did take some inspiration from both of those, but that won't be all.

Oh no, just you wait...

Turn 2

Will, Jerry and Randy hop into the unoccupied jeep, while George is forced to get in with the Mother and child, much to his displeasure.

"Oh hello, are you an associate of Oscar's? My name's Karen, i'm his sister in law. This here is Lulu."

"Nice to meet you."

George rolls his eyes behind his sunglasses before taking them off and shaking the hands of both women.

"I'm George Georgeson The 42nd. I work in a branch of Oscar's work, namely in the administrative branch. A pleasure to meet you both, I'm sure."

Karen smiles and nods while Lulu looks out the window at the foliage.

"It must be difficult managing a large industry empire like Oscar's. What with him expanding from not only hotels and the entertainment industry, but also I had heard that he was going into pharmaceuticals and even a bit of the sciences. I wonder what motivated him to do that?"

Meanwhile in the other jeep, Will, Randy and Jerry had introduced themselves to each other and explained why they were here.

"I work as a minor scientist in a pharmaceutical company from America that has expressed interest in what Oscar has proposed to them recently. I don't know the details about it, but it seems like Oscar has made an interesting offer to them and I was sent here as an assistant to a more experienced expert."

"I work in the hotel management branch of Oscar's empire. I had been told by my boss that Oscar had made a new standard for the hotel on this island and I was sent to find out just how good it is."

"I'm going to be working here as part of the staff in one of the entertainment complexes. More specifically, the theater."

"Wait a second, Oscar built a theater here?"

"And a musical hall for musicals that he said would be playing weekly. And the shopping district, not to mention the the indoor tours pretty much everywhere."

"Wow, how much attractions does a tourist site need?"

"Not enough, according to Oscar. He says that tourists need something to keep them entertained at night as well as during the day. The longer they stay here, the more money they spend."

As these conversations were going on, the jeeps were going through the jungle on a smooth tarmac road, passing through a checkpoint manned by security guards and then, even more amazingly, through an electric fence. This was not unnoticed by Will.

"Hey, was that an electric fence surrounding the landing pad?"

"Looked like it, yeah."

"Why does he need an electric fence?"

"To keep people out, I suppose."

"Why? It's a tourist attraction, isn't it supposed to invite people in?"

Jerry looked back at the receeding fence and shruged.

"Perhaps Oscar thought that there needed to be a secure landing place. I had heard that he wasn't well liked in some places of the world. You can't make a empire without stepping on a few toes, I guess."

Soon after Jerry had spoken, the drivers began slowing down.

"We're here. We've been told that the big man is waiting inside the main building. He told you all to go right on in."

The jeeps parked outside a immense building, painted in white and decorated with columns and had engravings of both skeletal dinosaurs and ancient carvings styled after what appeared to be egyptian heiroglyphics. The building was breathtaking, to say the least and it was clearly designed to benot only pleasing to the eye, but to be as amazing and awe inspiring as possible. It stretched out into the jungle, until it was hidden by the trees. In front of this building was an immaculate garden, filled entirely with decorative flowers and trees, themed around the tropics and dotted with the odd fern. On the other side of the garden was a deport, which is where the jeeps were parked.

Everyone gets out of the jeeps and the drivers pointed to the main doors of the building.

"Just go in right there. You're expected."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:04:27 pm by Zako »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:02 pm »

Org:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ibot66:

Barbarossa the Seal God:

Strife26:

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 11:31:04 pm »

"Oh man, its like that movie with the raptors all over again!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 01:17:39 am »

>Go in, but inspect what variety of plant grows in the garden while doing so.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:39 am »

Shuffle in, observing all the while.

"Paranoia saves lives, I suppose."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 07:36:23 am »

Look around the garden, chat with the other people.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 11:42:11 am »

Shuffle in with Strife.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »

What do you want to chat about? What do you want to observe?

Specific actions generally have more advantages over general actions.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 08:05:47 am »

JUst generally take in the area, just idle chat.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 09:28:23 pm »

Sorry about the lateness, I get distracted at times.

Turn 3

George starts chatting with the other three guests that got out of the other jeep, not that they pay him much heed. Seeing the futility, he instead talks to the mother and child again, just making idle chat.

"What do you think of the area? It looks pretty promising."

"It looks great, though I did hear a bit of controversy over the flower beds."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, it was a minor matter, but some of the gardeners were concerned about the emissions that came from the complex. Oscar got it sorted out though, like he always does."

Jerry takes a closer look at the flowers as he moves through the garden. He can't see much unless he decides to investigate the whole garden, but from what he can see, the plants all seem normal, but your not an expert at this sort of thing.

Randy, Will and Jerry shuffle indoors, awed at the sheer attention to detail given to not only the walls but the ceiling as well. Gilt edges everywhere, large paintings, even a red carpet on the floor.

"Heh, they are rolling out the red carpet for us."

"Very funny Randy. Not."

The enterance hall is, as expected with a building this size, massive. There are two floors, linked together by two majestic and curving staircases. On the ground floor are 4 exits, all of them double doors made from patterned glass. On the second floor, you can see two exits in the same design of the ground doors. A staff member walks up to you from behind the counter at the enterance.

"Oscar is a bit preoccupied with something at the moment and will be a bit late. He said that you should should meet him in the music hall and wait for him there. He'll be there shortly."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:33:28 pm by Zako »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 09:28:40 pm »

Org:

ibot66:

Barbarossa the Seal God:

Strife26:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:31:08 pm by Zako »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:46 pm »

Go to music hall.

"Hey guys. The plants. Its the plants!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 09:38:56 am »

Go to music hall.

"What do you mean? Is it that the plants looked normal when having this much money isn't normal?! He must have stolen them from poor people!"

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:24 am »

Go to music hall.
I will be without internet for a few days.
Pages: 1 [2]