Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a 'FAQ' be placed in the gameplay forum  (Read 565 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a 'FAQ' be placed in the gameplay forum
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:30:51 am »

Thats what I said, a lot of simple questions get threads because the wiki can't help them for some reason (for example, if a person doesn't know what he's looking for word-wise), so i suggest that a comprehensive list of answers to simple, often asked questions be written and stickied in the gameplay forum.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: a 'FAQ' be placed in the gameplay forum
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:42:52 am »

Maybe a stickied FAQ would be good to have yeah...especially since most of the [new] users cannot be arsed to use the search function or the wiki at all.
Also what about a stickied "THIS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED ALREADY!" topic in the suggestions subforum?  :D

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a 'FAQ' be placed in the gameplay forum
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35:17 am »

Thats what I said, a lot of simple questions get threads because the wiki can't help them for some reason (for example, if a person doesn't know what he's looking for word-wise), so i suggest that a comprehensive list of answers to simple, often asked questions be written and stickied in the gameplay forum.

I think there is one... If you read it right.  (Here's a list of stuff people are willing to stick their neck out for)

Maybe a stickied FAQ would be good to have yeah...especially since most of the [new] users cannot be arsed to use the search function or the wiki at all.
Also what about a stickied "THIS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED ALREADY!" topic in the suggestions subforum?  :D

Especially with links to the Wiki where appropriate.  (How do I?  This is called this, and is described here)