Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: goblin/kobold POWs. any possibility?  (Read 945 times)

Zander J

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Philosopher
    • View Profile
goblin/kobold POWs. any possibility?
« on: November 28, 2008, 05:27:51 pm »

reading up on the Challenges, i keep thinking about the Geneva Convention challenge. in this, you do not kill enemies and give prisoners their clothes and whatnot. i'm not interested in being peaceful with the goblins, but if i manage to cage one of them, is it possible to keep them hanging around (without a cage), or will they always be hostile? i'm trying to set up a prison for goblins. if this doesn't work, i've got a labyrinth that ends in a catapult firing range.
Quote from: Toady One on January 21, 2012, 09:22:43 pm

Dwarves are still stupid.

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: goblin/kobold POWs. any possibility?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:17:15 pm »

if this doesn't work, i've got a labyrinth that ends in a catapult firing range.

I'm pretty sure thats in violation with the Third Geneva Convention..

But I've been thinking about doing something similar with my caged human and goblin POWs

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:10:52 pm »

if this doesn't work, i've got a labyrinth that ends in a catapult firing range.

I'm pretty sure thats in violation with the Third Geneva Convention..

But I've been thinking about doing something similar with my caged human and goblin POWs
Release them into a room with a purple, and if they kill'em, tame, then repeat.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:25:49 am »

They'll always be hostile, but that's easily fixed by making a seperate, closed off area for them to hang about in. They don't move, eat or even go crazy. All of my PoWs are put in an arena full of Skarp, or wardogs if Skarp are not around the fortress area, which is a sort of mercy because said Goblins are probably suicide attackers seeing as they willingly charged right at my balistas in the earlier battle.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

monzill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Yahoo
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:48:27 am »

Now there's a bit of an Idea: Set up little storage areas for each of the species you capture, and when you get attackers, make it so you can send their respective enemy species out at them, pokemon style.

Maybe a trap door style would work, like keeping them 1 Z level underground with a closed off ramp pointing at the enemy. It's kinda WWII ambush tech-savvy to boot.

You'd need a way to deposit them though, that might get tricky.
f you are reading this, you have fallen victim to the Trust Virus. If all of you could delete your hard drives and erase all data of you on the internet, that''d be helpful, thanks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:10 am »

You'd need a way to deposit them though, that might get tricky.

easy, just set up an air-lock style hallway with two doors.

it would work like this, have a hallway attached to your prison center and the outside, have the caged prisoner placed in the hallway and rig the cage to open when a lever is pulled.

lock the door that leads to the outside, but leave the other one unlocked. open the cage, and when the goblin goes into the prison, lock the door behind him.

unlock the hallway entrance.

repeat for more prisoners