Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No important leaders  (Read 713 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
No important leaders
« on: November 23, 2008, 01:17:56 pm »

I recently was looking at the civ menu in my game and clicked on the dwarf civ, however, instead of showing me a list of the king, queen, other important leaders, it just showed me the message, "This civilization has no important leaders." Does this mean that even though there are other dwarven civilizations, and I am still getting immigrants from them, that every single noble in the world has been slain? Because that would be really cool.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: No important leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »

I recently was looking at the civ menu in my game and clicked on the dwarf civ, however, instead of showing me a list of the king, queen, other important leaders, it just showed me the message, "This civilization has no important leaders." Does this mean that even though there are other dwarven civilizations, and I am still getting immigrants from them, that every single noble in the world has been slain? Because that would be really cool.

Yes.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 04:55:52 pm »

They're obviously living in some sort of communist paradise where everyone is the boss of themselves. It does mean that you can never get a king though.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:28:58 pm »

on a related note, if you kill off all of the local goblin rulers do you still get seiges?  heh Dwarvern Communism, Baron cancels Mandate: product of outdated imperialist ideology.  "Monarchy?  I thought that this was an anarcho-syndicalist collective?"
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

John Johnston

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrescuable aspie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 07:59:26 am »

on a related note, if you kill off all of the local goblin rulers do you still get seiges?

I'm fairly sure that once they start, they never stop, and that their start condition is not related to whether or not the goblins have rulers.  So, mmm, yeah.

They certainly keep coming if you slaughter their leaders in fortress mode - I'm not sure what the situation would be for (say) killing them all in adventure mode and then starting a fortress.  I suspect they'd keep a-comin'.
Oh
God it's been a lovely day
Everything's been going my way
I had so much fun today
And I'm on fire