Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Times when you've been really immersed in the game  (Read 6446 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Times when you've been really immersed in the game
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 08:42:57 pm »

Ace of Spades was really immersive on the better servers. Of course, when the 0.70 update came which made headshots immensely OP and shotguns became rifles with sprayed bullets it broke it entirely.

Oblivion was quite immersive when I first ran through it.

Runescape. YES I KNOW. I used to love Runescape. Especially dungeoneering with friends; the survivalist aspect of having to fish your own food, craft your own weapons, armor and runes was very fun.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:38 pm »

Ace Combat 4 got me fairly into the game... I actually thought that I focused more when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before that, long ago, Phantasy Star 4. One of my first and most memorable RPGs. Alys always makes me cry.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 03:08:04 am »

If Valve can do one thing well, it's immersion. I had to catch my breath after running from Metrocops in HL2, I still jump when I hear a Hunter scream in Left 4 Dead, and in Portal 2 I actually edged backwards when
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »

Dwarf fortress.
I was travelling along with my group. 2 swords 1 spear 1 pike 1 mace well and one new sword aswell.
We got a quest, kill some bandits. We went, but I started getting drowsy. SO we go to sleep and BANG ambush.
I wake up to fighting all around people vomiting clashing swords and the like. I clashed with one of the bandits
dispatched him, then killed or set to flight the rest. I counted up my team, my pikeman lost his ears and had his l
eg tore up,my swords were ok, a wound here or there, and my mace was untouched cept for his finger.
 We travelled along to the camp. It had two guys, thats when I got really immersed. I thought they had sent raiders
 to stop and kill me in my sleep. We dispathed them and then I realized, one guy is missing. I realize, its the new guy.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 02:36:10 pm »

What I look for when I play L4D1/2... is to join a group of players who are decent enough shots and good at supporting each other and sticking together.   No need for mics... just 4 people trying to make it to the end... dragging each other and limping along.  The best ones are where you and everyone else barely makes it to the end...

Though, even if someone screws up... I can always be like Bill and say/think: "What the hell are you doing Francis/Zoey/Louis/Bill?"  And that makes it all right.

That there is my immersion, being the badass Bill who can hear a Hunter/Smoker a mile away and take care of em.  The old guy that'll give his health pack/pills to someone else over himself.  The one who has the back of the yung'uns running off by themselves and doing stupid stuff.  Coach ain't so bad for that role of immersion either.

I honestly suck more on the PC then I do on the 360 sadly...  More inaccurate(more dakka fixes that at least) and slower when turning(not as great at dealing with stuff behind me...).
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]