Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: multiple dwarves can cage large animals into the same cage  (Read 904 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
multiple dwarves can cage large animals into the same cage
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:03:54 pm »

Currently, if you designate a pit, you can assign several animals and many dwarves will show up with the job "pit/pond large creature" simultaneously.  I'd like to suggest that the same be true when cramming animals into cages, have multiple dwarves carry out the job simultaneously.  Right now, it can take forever depending on how many animals you want caged and how big the fortress is.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: multiple dwarves can cage large animals into the same cage
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 04:34:05 pm »

Currently, if you designate a pit, you can assign several animals and many dwarves will show up with the job "pit/pond large creature" simultaneously.  I'd like to suggest that the same be true when cramming animals into cages, have multiple dwarves carry out the job simultaneously.  Right now, it can take forever depending on how many animals you want caged and how big the fortress is.

I think that only works if you have more than one edge tile. The equivalent to which would be, you know, having more than one cage.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: multiple dwarves can cage large animals into the same cage
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:05 pm »

Oh.  Well in that case, somehow change the job system so that each creature to be caged generates the job instead of the cage.  If I understand correctly, the current system does the opposite, the cage generates the jobs one-by-one.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur