Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Erase memory trails of critters on the edge of LOS  (Read 587 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Erase memory trails of critters on the edge of LOS
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:03:17 pm »

Let's say one of your allies is JUST at the trailing edge of your LOS.  Every time you move, you can no longer see the square he was standing in.  Then, he moves up a square to follow you, and enters LOS too.  The result?  HUGE trails of "I saw this guy in twenty places and he might still be there!"

It'd be a bit of a technical change to how memories are stored, but if you see a critter, please remove its memory from anywhere you remember having seen it.  Surely your character can at least distinguish one goblin from another well enough to say "That's the one who was just behind that tree".  Whenever I see a 'g' in a spot I remember, I think that means "He's still out there somewhere!"  When in reality, it means "I saw him there, then ran away, and he chased me and I killed him, but it's seared into my brain".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
Re: Erase memory trails of critters on the edge of LOS
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:34:40 pm »

but it's seared into my brain".
Indeed.

The trails of U drunks in caves is basically the most annoying thing I've seen in my life. I go out of my way sometimes to erase those Us. (OCD)
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing