Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Easier ways to drink beer.  (Read 8091 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Easier ways to drink beer.
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:39 am »

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Dakira

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 02:29:52 am »

making glass bottles were mentioned earlier. I support this notion though it seems only like a substitute for waterskins.

Until beer becomes a flow, we can't mine out our beer cisterns and pump it around.  :-\

The "beer storage building" made up of barrels is really just a cistern/vat that can be constructed and I also like it a lot. Seems like a relatively simple building to implement, it could store things along the "cluttered workplace" bit. Rather than bringing materials in to get a product out, you bring materials in to store and the cluttered rating increases to let you know how full it is. Should you view the building, it will tell you how full it is... but that could very easily be just me thinking about it all wrong and being naive.

Though all of this is nice and I like a lot of it, it doesn't really help fix any of the problems with dwarves going to get booze from other sources. If this one cistern structure is being used by one dwarf, what will stop others from simply going to the beer stockpile and drinking with their hands like they do already? You can increase the number of access points to the booze-cistern but you still have the same complications.

What would be nice to me is if there was a server job for fortresses after getting a mayor. The job really isn't necessary with smaller populations to me. This dwarf's sole duty it to keep tables ready with beer and food for dwarves. A designated bartender as a noble or some such. Maybe a structure for this instead of tables, but the idea rough is there.
There's no such thing as useless science. Now we need to weaponize this.
Everyone should:
play checkers.
fight clowns with water.

Dakira

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2008, 01:13:03 am »

Oh course, this could also be solved with a queue. Dwarves line up, get their booze, drink at tables, merriment for all.
There's no such thing as useless science. Now we need to weaponize this.
Everyone should:
play checkers.
fight clowns with water.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]