Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: why,why why????  (Read 2444 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: why,why why????
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 06:39:59 pm »

It's because they go to get the stone that is closest horizontally to them without considering z-levels at all.  So they'll clear out the column of stone above and below their workshop instead of the more reasonable sphere.
They also have a tendancy to grab the most recently-mined stones, regardless of distance. ???

That's because the older oens are usually already assigned to a task.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »

I have 10000 stone, they still go for the new stuff. so I built 12 catapults with 12 operators and 12 dedicated haulers... STILL TOO MUCH GODDAMN STONE.

_Acorn_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »

Is there a way to hide every stone in the fort?  Other than selecting them one at a time . . .

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 12:17:31 am »

Is there a way to hide every stone in the fort?  Other than selecting them one at a time . . .

You can use 'd'-'b'-'h' to hide a large area, though you'll hide everything else in that area as well. If you have enough bookkeeper accuracy, I believe you can hide all of a given type of stone through the Stocks menu.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 12:19:33 am »

I have 10000 stone, they still go for the new stuff. so I built 12 catapults with 12 operators and 12 dedicated haulers... STILL TOO MUCH GODDAMN STONE.
There is never such a thing as "too much stone", only "too few doomed mega-projects".
ow did this get here
Pages: 1 [2]