Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: extraction problem.  (Read 1115 times)

Jakkarra

extraction problem.
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:10 pm »

im having a small amount of trouble placing a series of files into a version of DF, id also like to extract maydays graphics from my usual DF into this one, so i can make a fortress for PTTG??

Ill give more details as they are needed.

Love, jakkarra

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: extraction problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:19:51 pm »

I'm confused.  Could you describe further what you mean by:

"putting a series of files into a version of DF"

Do you mean combining multiple mods?  If so, some people might be able to help you with that but it could be tricky.

What do you mean by "extract maydays graphics"?  Do you mean you currently have a mod installed, and you want to copy it somewhere else?  It's probably easiest to get a new copy of the mod instead of separating it out...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Aggiedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:10 pm »

If I understand correctly, you'll need to change the init.txt file to the name of the new graphic file you are using.

Though Mayday has everything in it already.

Jakkarra

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:28:41 pm »

ive tried this Aggiedog, but it seems i require some moving of folders, and it keeps giving me the message Cant find maydayMIN.bmp more or less, how do i fix said problem? otherwise, the game is working perfectly. i just want the mayday set,

sowelu, i wasnt ignoring you, i just figured out the original problem, i was going to post aplogising, so, sorry for wasting your time, unless you have the answer to THIS problem.

Love, jakkarra

Aggiedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:50 pm »

Hmm, I looked at the init.txt file and the file structure and it is different than in previous versions. If you are using a new version, the the mayday graphics are in a seperate folder than the regular graphics. Assuming you set the window correctly, my only other reccomendation would be to rename the mayday files to the names of the original files and replace them.

Jakkarra

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:45:16 pm »

daaaaaaaaamn...

exactly WHICH folders will i require?

if unsure, i guess ill have to use this lame set for now...

Love, jakkarra

Aggiedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 12:00:49 am »

I would copy over the .../data/art, ..../data/object and ..../raw folders over. Go through the init.txt and make sure any file names it references is correct.

Jakkarra

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:15:06 am »

i shall attemt this, and inform you of my inevitable Dethroning Moment Of Suck.

sec then....

Jakkarra

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:17:14 am »

this is for a succession game, would changing the Raws affect the save file in an irredeemable fashion?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:31:56 am »

If the save file was using a different set of raws, yes; The saved game won't load.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Jakkarra

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:20 am »

hmm, ok, i appear to have fixed my problem, and the only RAW changes are to make Uberdorfs, which ill change before i re-send PTTG?? the save,

thanks for the help, but i have one last question, Do pressure plates work at all in adventure mode? even for water?

love, Jakkarra

yinyang107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »

Dethroning Moment Of Suck.

:o Another troper!
There's something to be said about a game where people are having a straight-faced discussion about smelting fish and the logistical problems that come with that.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 06:35:31 pm »

hmm, ok, i appear to have fixed my problem, and the only RAW changes are to make Uberdorfs, which ill change before i re-send PTTG?? the save,

thanks for the help, but i have one last question, Do pressure plates work at all in adventure mode? even for water?

love, Jakkarra

You just need to send me the save file; the Dwarf mods will fix themselves when I load it up.
Pressure plates work if traps are enabled, I believe.

Oh, on that note, whatever you do, don't build cage traps or there could be a wee bit of save corruption when one of my adventurers gets trapped.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jakkarra

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »

yes Yinyang, i am a troper. Huzzah!

ALso, thanks PTTG?? this should be good then, and if pressure plates DO work, there will be a lot more immersion possible, also, i know about the cage traps, there shouldent even be any in the fort.

Could you test the Pressure plates please though? they will be incredibly useful if they actually work.

Finally, are there any mods in the file that will affect me in any way? other than the anvil changes. anything, no matter how insignificant will be incredibly useful to know.

Again, thanks to everyone ;D

Love, jakkarra