Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Story]Irontongs the aquatic  (Read 713 times)

Milskidasith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Story]Irontongs the aquatic
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:29:08 am »

One day, Irontongs, the local (low grade) armorsmith got a brilliant idea for armor. Unfortunatly, he didn't get the memo that he had wasted the last of the iron and steel last week using the workshop instead of the already legendary armorsmith, giving the fortress a bunch of inferior goods.

Eventually, despite multiple attempts to speed up the process of melting random iron crap strewn about the fortress by the all knowing overseer, he went melancholy. He quickly jumped into the nearest lake and proceeded to swim for the next year and a half.

Wait, what!?

Well, you see, he was drowning at first... but he had decent toughness and managed to live long enough to get his swimming high enough to stop drowning. He then proceeded to swim for a year and a half before starving to death. -_-

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: [Story]Irontongs the aquatic
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:30:03 pm »

If only all the other dwarves were that enthusiastic about learning to swim.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:33:43 am »

"Who do I look like an elf?! Dwarves wasn't ment to swim. Only crazies seek out water. Hmph. Only spot I'd swim would be the still . . ."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:29:15 am »

I'm picturing a proud, 200 strong fortress suddenly all canceling their current jobs to jump into a river (probably filled with carp) like lemmings.