Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple TRANSLATION entries?  (Read 994 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple TRANSLATION entries?
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:46:48 pm »

I may just fail at search engines, but I couldn't find any posts on the subject.  So here goes...

I know that an entity with multiple CREATURE entries will yield a random race for each individual civ.  Do TRANSLATION entries work the same way?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple TRANSLATION entries?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:19:23 am »

Did you test this, or is this just off of the wiki? Because I tried multiple creature entries once and my game just screwed up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:16:05 am »

I haven't tested it for a looong time.  It may have been as far back as 2D.  Regardless, back then at least, every instance of the civ seemed to randomly select one of the given races.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:28:34 am »

I can confirm that, back in 2D multiple creature entries would make the civ randomly populate their kingdoms with one of the races.

Wether it still works now however is another matter as there were alot of changes to civ structure since then.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work anymore, because the whole way that worked before seemed unintended and oversightish (new word! look ma! I'm George W. Bush!) to me.

EDIT: Just noticed this is more than a day old.  My apologies giving it more life just for a simple confirmation, without knowing an answer to the main question.  I need to stop posting when I should be sleeping.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:31:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!