Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good mods for a Coumity fortess  (Read 808 times)

raptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good mods for a Coumity fortess
« on: November 14, 2008, 09:52:09 pm »

I'm going to start a community fortress soon so are there any good mods that will make the Fortress interesting? im a mid level player.
Suffer Not The Heretic To Live.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Good mods for a Coumity fortess
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:57:34 pm »

I would recommend Kobold Camp (thought of starting a community fort myself) but it's hard to grapple.  I'm a pretty experienced player and I've yet to have a camp survive one season.  Mostly because I insist on embarking on caves or major rivers, but otherwise it'd just be boring.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

raptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:25:36 pm »

I really don't like that mod
Suffer Not The Heretic To Live.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »

Try Legendary Lands.  I've never used it myself, but it has quite a reputation for producing very interesting Forts (i.e., violent forts in which there is a high death toll, and those that survive are extremely vicious).  Essentially, it makes things as crazy as Nist Akath no matter where you embark (as long as there is an aquifer).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:43 pm »

Ooh ooh, try The Goblins Mod!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:33 am »

I would cross-mod Prometheuse's Robot mod with legendary lands, just for the heck of it.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 01:24:49 pm »

I would cross-mod Prometheuse's Robot mod with legendary lands, just for the heck of it.
Now that sounds interesting.  However, the OP has already started his story (or at least posted profiles, which means he's already genned the world).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember