Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer gameplay question(s)  (Read 815 times)

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer gameplay question(s)
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:26:05 am »

My first decent adventurer has survived for a while now but in travelling across the world ive got a lot of questions to ask about why it's in the current state of affairs.

The first main one is this: 

#1 One gobbo civ seems to have a shed load of elves and only a few goblins. It's ruled by the demon it started with in year 1. All the leaders are goblins. All the guards are goblins. The priests/high priests are goblins. The people you can hire are elves. All the peasantry are elves. All the kids are elves. There's no prisoners there that I've found. All the people there have goblin names.

What the smeg happened?

Ive been trying to find out but im pretty newbie in adventurer mode so i dont know if im looking in the right places/asking the right people.

#2 This demon (Atu for short) sent me on a quest way down south to kill a puny leopard or some such creature and i explored as I went. Several human civs that i got coins from say that they have no ruler and many humans say their family members started to worship a second demon ruling another goblin civvy.

What does that mean? Are the humans conquered or did they just choose the demon as a god to worship as one might choose a loaf of bread in a shop?

#3 If I kill this demon Atu, obviously that civ will want to kill me. I have a band of trusty adventurers with me - elves and humans each with indigenous names - will they fight for me or for the gobbo's or just watch?

#4 Is there any way to find large steel armour in vanilla DF?

That's it for now. Thanx in advance!

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer gameplay question(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:04:23 am »

On 1, it's because of babysnatching.  The gobbos must've stolen a lot of Elf kids and raised them as their own personal cannibal army.  Waste not want not.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer gameplay question(s)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:29:32 am »

That's the only way that races move to another races city?