Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Failed civilisation  (Read 1497 times)

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Failed civilisation
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:17:14 pm »

Well i finally managed to get my cho ja generated in a world and able to play them in dwarf mode, although not adventurer, and i went to change their work permits and it says "This animal cant work".

They can be slaughtered though - i had one of my miners sacrifice himself and now i have 8 cho-ja meat on my food stockpile.

They also perform the jobs i assigned them on the embark screen. They cant talk but they can_learn and can_civ.

Here's the entity:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the creature raw

Here's the body raw

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Failed civilisation
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:22:50 pm »

Creatures that can't talk can't be talked to either, so you can't tell them what to do.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:27:04 pm »

I made them intelligent and gave them goblin text and they can now be set to tasks.

I cant seem to play them in adventurer mode tho - and i've already successfully done this with Chaos Dwarves/Goblins etc so i dont know what im doing wrong.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:35:51 pm »

They need the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:48 pm »

That would make them start with no weapons/armour though right? Why is it different for this race than with goblins/chaos dwarves? I just gave them the adventurer_tier tag and it was fine.

Thanx for the replies btw o0

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:50:30 pm »

That would make them start with no weapons/armour though right? Why is it different for this race than with goblins/chaos dwarves? I just gave them the adventurer_tier tag and it was fine.

Thanx for the replies btw o0
It's worth a shot though.  I was having trouble with this when I modded in my own civs, and the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag seemed to help.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »

Alrite dude, thanx again. Im just messin around with undead and when i go back to cho ja ill let u know how it goes :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 01:16:48 pm »

Add [ADVENTURE_TIER:12] to your civilization, then you get normal adventure mode.  The number isn't vital, just as long as it's different than the number of your other civilizations.

For example, you don't want two civilizations with:
[ADVENTURE_TIER:1]

So, instead you have:
[ADVENTURE_TIER:12]
and
[ADVENTURE_TIER:13]

Hope this helps.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 01:48:03 am »

RE "This animal can't work"

In my experience, any creature with [CAN_CIV] works fine as a civ creature so long as:

1.  It has a [GRASP] body part.

2.  It has neither [PET] nor [PET_EXOTIC], since the pet menu overrides the labor/soldier/work dog menu.  They will perform any already enabled labors normally, though, as far as I can tell.  DwarfManager FTW?

I assume that adding any VERMIN tags will also break the civ, and possibly cause instant abandonment since there won't be any actual creatures on-site.  Buuut I haven't actually tested that.