Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need a challenge  (Read 485 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
need a challenge
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:35:26 pm »

well ive almost got a king without adamite, have over 2000 plant brew and other foods, over 400 seeds, and a surplus of people to turn into recruits. my current recruits can handle an army 3 times their size without getting a wound and now im bored. i dont want to build a megaconstruction just for the heck of it, so what can i do to make things more challenging? ive tried starting a war with the elves....killing their merchants after stealing their stuff and cutting down as many trees as possible. but they wont attack me

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: need a challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:43:31 pm »

Set something on fire. Claim death items. or breach the pits if you have any.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:58:27 pm »

got a map with underground river, magma, and on a mountain tile....but can find the river magma or adamate...even with the depot access thing.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:01:13 am »

You could spice up your goblins by using 'a better goblin mod', I believe it's called.
The 'ender goblins' will end your boredom.. And your fortress.
(I'm not sure, but I think you can edit the raw files for the goblins without having to generate a new world or having to start a new game. Only need to restart DF and load your game.)

Or.. You could use dwarf companion and turn half of your population into zombies.

Or... (insert endless means of glorious loss here)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:01 am »

Back up your save, whip out the reveal tool, find all the features and try to remember their locations. Then, all you have to do is return to your unspoiled save and reach them.