Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Huge screen, tiny font  (Read 4541 times)

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Huge screen, tiny font
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:13:38 am »

I spotted the wagon quite quickly. Assuming Im right (dont count on it), it is indeed in the middle. Just northwest of the small valley in the middle, which the brook runs through.

What made me see it was the red tiles around it, presumebly made from the dwarves walking, and wearing, on the grass.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:19 am »

Dude. Beautiful terrain, but unplayable, especially the last one.

What we need is:

Code: [Select]
[SREENSIZE:1600:800]
[ZOOMDEFAULT:2]
[GRID:1:50:20]
[FONT:1:mondo32sq.bmp]
[GRID:2:100:40]
[FONT:2:normal16sq.bmp]
[GRID:3:200:80]
[FONT:3:small8sq.bmp]
[GRID:4:400:160]
[FONT:4:tiny4sq.bmp]
[GRID:5:800:320]
[FONT:5:insane2sq.bmp]
[GRID:6:200:40]
[FONT:6:iLikeToRead8x16.bmp]

(I figure that 2x2 tiles would be just enough to show walls and terrain only, maybe trees.)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 10:33:48 am »

grid's max is not 200?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 10:50:02 am »

grid's max is not 200?

Ive never actually understood how the new grid system works. Are there any articles about them on the wiki?

edit: Found it, http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Custom_grid, and according to that page, max is 200. So the above grid suggestion shouldnt (in theory) work.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:52:42 am by mizipzor »

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 07:59:47 am »

Hmm, perhaps there should be a toggleable "Overview" mode (shift+o if not taken?) that changes the view to that so you can get a nice overview of that z-level... Designations, build, stockpile etc. should all still work while in this mode too.

AltF8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • PeriodicGames
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 08:10:41 am »

I've learned tons about the grid system lately, as I've been doing something along the lines of the OP. I'm making distros of DF for the Eee PC 70x and 90x series. Graphically, I've got it working on both. Now to just optimize FPS (as the 70x series has a 533 MHz chip...).
Goblin pricking does not sound like it could pay well enough.

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 10:14:57 am »

I've learned tons about the grid system lately, as I've been doing something along the lines of the OP. I'm making distros of DF for the Eee PC 70x and 90x series. Graphically, I've got it working on both. Now to just optimize FPS (as the 70x series has a 533 MHz chip...).

I've got the eee PC 701, with Windows XP installed DF is nigh unplayable at standard speeds, though using a couple of apps you can overclock the processor that makes it a bit more bearable. Although it does munch through your battery forcing the fan on. I'd like to see a version of DF made for the Pandora when thats out in the market. Portable DF = 0wnage
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

AltF8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • PeriodicGames
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 02:06:18 pm »

I've got the eee PC 701, with Windows XP installed DF is nigh unplayable at standard speeds, though using a couple of apps you can overclock the processor that makes it a bit more bearable. Although it does munch through your battery forcing the fan on. I'd like to see a version of DF made for the Pandora when thats out in the market. Portable DF = 0wnage

Yeah, I figured anything beyond about 20 dwarves would crush the 701 into oblivion, but I needed a project. I wish turning off temperature didn't feel like cheating. :\
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:08:30 pm by AltF8 »
Goblin pricking does not sound like it could pay well enough.

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 02:27:38 pm »

yeah unfortunately it does, in fact the only mode that makes any kind of sense on the eee 701 is the adventurer mode as you can get away with a slow fps and its not much of a game killer. its only the cpu thats holding it back really which is a shame, but such is life
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 11:07:25 pm »

I'm waiting for when the characters are separated and we can actually have a tileset where we're not doubling up on anything.

Here's hoping we can add animation too so I can use Final Fantasy sprites and make a 32x32 set.
Pages: 1 [2]