Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lets mod the most complex human [BODY] ever!  (Read 2578 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets mod the most complex human [BODY] ever!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 09:47:31 pm »

Hooray!  People are using what I did and expanding upon it!  Be warned, I did that mostly to make the megabeast dragon more durable without making it size 80 and damblock 30.  Doing this to many creatures while having the various parts NOT be vital organs will make those creatures very difficult to kill under the current version.

Also, I know I'd been planning on seeing the changes in wounds between versions before I tried to expand on this.

By the way, the DF wiki's wrong about the [EMBEDDED] and [INTERNAL] tags.  [SMALL] seems to be the ONLY way of making a body part not visible externally...
Oh, and in addition to the fact that the [UPPERBODY] and [LOWERBODY] will kill the creature if removed, damage to a [LOWERBODY] body part may nauseate the creature, and damage to an [UPPERBODY] part may cause the creature shortness of breath.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:50:21 pm by LumenPlacidum »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 10:01:57 pm »

LumenPlacidum: I cleaned up a few LEFT/RIGHT and other tags on your dragon that were missing and named them so they didn't overlap with normal creatures.

I'm also in the middle of creating demons and ghosts for the Samurai mod, so I'll finish human body modding later.

Dragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will definitely be using this in the mod and credit will be given. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:04:58 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 10:03:33 pm »

Double posted on accident.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:11:11 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 10:59:18 pm »

Oh, I'd deliberately done that with the idea that once a tree was labeled LEFT or RIGHT then everything below that spot in the tree was also so labeled.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:57 pm »

That realistic dragon is AWESOME, too bad I've never fought it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:21 am »

The problem with many UPPERBODY or LOWERBODY parts is that you'll wear i.e. a platemail on EACH body part with UPPERBODY. So you'll end with a man wearing 5 platemails and 3 leggings at once on different sides of his body. Plus, it requires armor coverage tweaking as well, or the platemail on the "chest" won't cover other parts of torso. I had a successful working upper body consisting of 3 parts, it's in Middle Earth mod I guess, it had a chest as upperbody and right and left torso sides as connected bodyparts, platemail covered +1 bodypart so it was ok, because head was connected via neck so +1 covered neck also but not the head; but it was strange to see a creature after worldgen with no "right torso side" at all; you know, just a flesh wound...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:08 am »

Yeah, I don't think the body I made works well with anything that would wear armor.  You'd have a single armored coin covering the central upper back and nothing else.  However, I could very easily see large creatures requiring lots of armor.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 02:12:54 am »

Do you mean lots of SUITS of armor?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]