Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature Tokens for civilized creatures  (Read 702 times)

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creature Tokens for civilized creatures
« on: November 14, 2008, 07:13:08 pm »

Having a go at modding in some new civs but am stumped at the amount of creature tokens (I barely managed to overcome the entity tokens for the civ) so I'm throwing a quick question out there: Which ones do I actually need to make a smart creature?

There's a whole bunch of these tokens but I'm at a loss at which ones I actually need, for example all those that set when the creature melts, freezes, all them personalities, where the creature can show up and argggg... There's so many of them but when I look at the Dwarf creature barely half of them are actually being used~

Halp please  ???
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Tokens for civilized creatures
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:17:12 pm »

[INTELLIGENT] is all you need. It stands in for the other three tags [CAN_CIV][CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]

If you want any of the effects of the last few without the others, just don't have the [INTELLIGENT] tag and use the ones you want.

Kageshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Tokens for civilized creatures
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:07:47 pm »

[INTELLIGENT] is all you need. It stands in for the other three tags [CAN_CIV][CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]

If you want any of the effects of the last few without the others, just don't have the [INTELLIGENT] tag and use the ones you want.

Would using [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] generate an intelligent pet?  Making multi-creature civs does generate the kind of humanoid pets I want for my mod, it has some nagging issues that I'd like to resolve, if possible.