Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An LCS Story  (Read 853 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
An LCS Story
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:36:00 am »

I've found Liberal Crime Squad to be one of the most entertaining games I've played, and one of those rare games where I enjoy losing as much as I enjoy winning.

Yesterday, I was polishing off a hefty group I had running. There was Sun Zhou, the leader, with a bunch of badass agents reporting directly to him. The agents were his bodyguards, intended to help him escape any seige if the need arrived. As second in command, I had a corporate manager codenamed Fortune. She recruited squad leaders. The leaders were Jaguar, a veteran police officer who organized a hit squad, Morpheus, an elite hacker with his own team of agents as bodyguards (Neo, Trinity, Apoc, Switch, Tank and Dozer), and Starfire, an author with three security guards protecting her who ran noncriminal courier work and the printing press.

It was my common sense policy to keep Starfire's team of relatively weak bodyguards supported by the hit team in the same safehouse, because she was responsible for getting the word out about anything dug up by Morpheus in his hacking adventures. If the corporations came raiding, I'd need the hit squad there to help her escape. Fortunately, the site was not attacked by corporations, and we seemed to be low key and effective. The problem was that, during a moment when Starfire was away, a freak accident involving the gas stove and a truth or dare game resulted in the accidental burning of the sacred American Flag by Jaguar's team of goons. Several months later, the police had the hapless insurance agency under siege and were demanding the surrender of everyone inside for descecrating the symbol of the nation. After much deliberation, everyone agreed to surrender. The police smashed up the printing press, burned the business front materials, and arrested the goon squad and its leader, but didn't mess with Starfire or her bodyguards since they had no warrant against her squad.

At this moment, Sun Zhou was sitting in a posh apartment downtown, just hanging out with Fortune and his six CIA Agent love slaves (yeah...). The news of this raid reached him, and he was concerned for fear that Jaguar, being a former Conservative police officer and a bit of a good himself (if a charismatic one) might rat on Fortune. Legal representation wasn't a problem, but would he break in police interviews? It would complicate the organization's structure if Forture became wanted. So Sun Zhou ordered Starfire's team to walk into the police station and break Jaguar's team out. They agreed, but they flubbed the first time (they got lost and ended up back where they came from instead of at the police station), and in the mean time Jaguar's squad all said screw it since their contact (Jaguar) was arrested with them. Jaguar was still loyal however, and eventually Starfire managed to make front page news by breaking him out. She didn't have to carry him, and he even managed to pick up another spiffy police uniform on site.

Unfortunately, this put them again in a precarious situtation, since now Starfire's team (Jaguar the newest member) were all threatened by the police, and if the corporations decided to go after her, there would be no stopping them, even with Jaguar on her side. Instead of recruiting a new good squad, Fortune ordered Morpheus to take his squad of agents (squad codenamed Nebuchadnezzar) and join forces with Starfire, then set personally out to recruit a fashion designer and get some police uniforms so help in escaping a seige.

Even more unfortunately, the police managed to pounce on Morpheus' squad as soon as they arrived due to yet another unforseen flag burning accident involving a lobbed molotov hitting a very Conservative station wagon on the road. Morpheus would later swear to the police that it was a confederate flag, but they didn't buy it. Both squads were dragged in.

Sun Zhou was distressed by the loss of every lackey they had save the new fashion designer and his bodyguards, and so he desperately ordered his love slave CIA Agents to attack the police station and liberate the Liberals from their captivity. In an extremely embarrassing (for the police) turn of events, they managed to conduct the same exact raid three days in a row and liberate over a dozen liberals, completely reconstituting the command structure to its pre-molotov-station wagon form. The only problem was that every last fighter in the LCS now had a warrant for their arrest. Sun Zhou was not sure what to do about this, but decided to group them together in one location to face the imminent siege as one force with over a dozen gunfighters in that area. He invested money in defending it, succeding in fighting off one wave of police, and then--

A group of mercinaries with M16s and army uniforms kicked in the door to his apartment. Only Sun Zhou, Fortune, and the fashion designer were there at the time. The fashion designer must have jumped out the window, because she was gone in a flash and never heard from again. As for the other two, Sun Zhou had a way with words, but he had no clothes to form the basis for a disguise. Fortunately, they were on the ground floor and he believed they could run for the exit!

A mad dash as five mercinaries opened fire on Sun Zhou and Fortune, and Sun Zhou managed to survive without a scratch. Looking back he saw that Fortune had... also made it? Wait, no... DIED? Two shots through the chest, and his second in command, his connection to the entire rest of the LCS save his bodyguards, was on the ground, motionless. Sun Zhou lifted her body and fled the scene.

When he slinked back to the homeless shelter several days later, Sun Zhou met with his Agent bodyguards. The rest of his lackeys had walked out on the LCS when Fortune was reported dead in the news. Only his six love slave CIA Agents remained. They all agreed to lay low. Despite their efforts, however, four months later the police surrounded the compound, with national guard troops to back them up. Nobody could liberate them if they didn't escape now. They fought. One agent was killed, but the rest escaped, if in relatively bad states.

As they trickled back to the homeless shelter, they went to the clinic to patch up their wounds. But they were still wanted, and inevitably, they were all being arrested, one by one, as they returned and tried to reunite. Although a brainwashed formerly Conservative lawyer defended them, two were found guilty, and given huge sentances. The rest didn't dare to attempt a rescue.

The end came, with inevitability, in the form of those damn corporate mercinaries -- the same mercinaries that killed Fortune in the apartment complex raid. While Sun Zhou blasted the right arm off of one of the ones that shot Fortune, the end was foregone. After a brutal struggle, not one Liberal surivived, and Sun Zhou's leadership was ended.

[Aside: All flag burning accidents, and Starfire's squad getting lost on the way to the police station, were really me just pressing the wrong key.]

[ February 17, 2006: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: An LCS Story
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:35:00 am »

You are a champion.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 01:45:00 pm »

I think this post shows me to be a champion of bad spelling.  ;)

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »

Nice story. In my games of LCS I used the fact there was a "lag" time between raids to avoid them. Now I am wondering if the "Nobody here" strat is an exploit or not.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:00 pm »

And now MY LCS story... it's a cheap way of winning but it worked.

I stole a car

I had my character head to a hippie commune for several hours untill I had recruited 83 liberals.

I set all 83 to sell brownies as I went to the intelligence HQ.

I hit on an agent and got him on a date.

I kidnapped him

I then set everybody to turn him over time except for 5 seperate people who were set to spend 100 dollers a day, needless to say he became a sleeper.

I then set everyone to cause trouble, untill I got cought for hacking and gave up rather then fought. Then My sleeper bailed me out of jail before the "lost touch with" code kicked in, my founder was in a safe place (I mean, who's gonna attack the FBI?) and could do what I wanted so long as he wasn't in a squad.