Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rendering DF worlds  (Read 3489 times)

Yngar the Wise

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: Rendering DF worlds
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 09:05:40 am »

The program I'm using is Art of Illusion, a free, open-sourse digital hippie love fest. It has the best interface I have ever seen in a 3D modeler.
I'm no professional, but i have a few years experience with AutoCAD, a few months with Cinema4D (back on the Amiga) and recently with the excellent Wings 3D. After having played around a bit with AoI, i can only say: It's the worst pile of shit i have ever seen, especially with how kindergarten-like it seems. It reminds me of cheap 5€ software packages that let one arrange his house in 3D or something.

I am honestly curious when i ask you now: Exactly what about it is good? oO

Free open source.

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 09:22:39 am »

Wings 3D is free open source and pretty awesome to work with.

Also, he specifically said the interface was good and as such my whole post was about that aspect. Please take note of what people quote next time you post, since as it stands, your post was pointless smartarsery.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:57:46 am »

He may have specifically mentioned the interface, but you never did. You just asked for examples of things that are good about it. You didn't even ask for things that are uniquely good about it. Your post was needlessly combative.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:07:29 am »

Jesus Christ, guys. Solve those arguments via PM, will you?

PTTG, could you release some simple tutorial on creating such visualizations?
<3

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 08:14:49 am »

I would hardly call a question, followed by two non-contributing posts from bystanders an argument. ;)

Anyhow, unless PTTG actually posts something on this and alleviates my curiosity, i don't plan to make any further posts on the topic.
Pages: 1 [2]