Be honest with him.
- 16 (48.5%)
Lie to him.
- 5 (15.2%)
Show him the axe.
- 12 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Choose Your Own Adventure: The Scourge of Zonzocol!  (Read 3823 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Own Adventure: The Scourge of Zonzocol!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 09:23:44 am »

I look forward to seeing the outcome =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kinneus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 12:26:38 am »

Final Tally:
Take the Path of Crossed Axes: 5
Take the Path of Crossed Picks: 5
Rest here for a while: 1
A tie. Rolling to determine the result. Axes is low, picks is high.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like she’s taking the path marked with picks.

Shouldering her axe, Digger continued on her path south, heading down the path marked with two crossed picks.

Immediately upon entering, she noticed that the stonework was much rougher here, the tunnels narrow and meandering. This concerned her a bit; hadn’t the kobolds said the dwarves lived in the ‘smooth place’? Had she taken a wrong turn? Or did they lie to her?

As she progressed, Digger found herself clambering over piles of rock and chunks of ore. “This must have been the beginning of the mines," she muttered to herself. The rough-hewn tunnels were positively labyrinthine, following the random and organic paths of the earth rather than the structure of man or dwarf. Several times, Digger came across a dead end, where the last withered veins of one metal or another had been exhausted.

Burning lanterns hung from the walls, showing that these mines were still at least partially inhabited, so Digger Hatchetsoldiers soldiered on. It was slow going, however, and Digger was about ready to give up and head back to the waterfall-room when she saw a ragged figure coming up on her from the depths of the mine.

Digger tensed up, tightening her grip on her axe. Soon, the figure walked into the light of a nearby lantern, revealing itself to be a dwarf. An exceptionally filthy dwarf.

His clothing was in tatters, and his beard was besmirched with an impressive variety of grease, soot, and what appeared to be a live colony of lichen. He was tall by dwarven standards, and solidly built, with biceps like hard chunks of granite. His face was cold and stern, and in his hand, he clutched a well-worn steel pickaxe.

This was the first dwarf Digger had ever laid eyes on, other than the one she saw in the mirror every morning. She decided, right then and there, that she would never allow herself to feel self-conscious about her appearance again. If this man was a good representative of his race, then yes, Digger could rest assured that she was attractive. Hell, she was practically an Armok-damned princess in comparison.

“Hey, woodcut!" The filthy miner hailed her in the dwarven tongue. "Cool your heels a minute. I see you a-comin’ from the grove, but I don’t see no logs. Old Rosco give you trouble? Or am I jes gonna have to bust your head for bein' thick and lazy?”

The dwarf got within six feet of Digger before coming to a halt, squinting at her in the dim lamplight. It was now his turn to stare. “Armok’s arm-hair… you’re clean!”

Digger was, of course, spattered with now-dried troll gunk, but it was clear the man was speaking in relative terms.

The dwarven miner’s brow contracted in what was either eagerness or anger; Digger couldn’t tell. “You’re from outside, ain’tcha? Ain’tcha? How in Armok’s name did you get down here? Tell me!”

How should Digger deal with this fellow?

1.   Be honest with him.
2.   Lie through her teeth.
3.   Show him the First Axe of Zonzocol, and see if he knows anything about it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:28:13 am by Kinneus »
"A child pulled me aside today. He asked me why it was so white outside.
I told him that everything was covered in snow.
He asked me what was below the snow.
I told him that bones were below the snow."
-Captain Mayday

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 08:31:45 pm »

I say be honest with him.  She's got nothing to hide, and the dwarves might want the axe back :P

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 05:36:43 pm »

Oooo.I cant believe I didnt see this update. I say show the him the axe. If she says that she is with non dwarves here to steal gold he might attack her, but showing the axe might make him trust her. Either that or go into a blind rage beacuse her family was responsible for the destruction some how.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 09:58:22 am »

Hmm I've played alot of these books, so i'll join in. I say lie thorugh our teeth! The Dwarves would know the owner of the axe, if these are the descendants of the original Dwarves, and they might not take kindly to someone to who essentially who fled the fort rather than stay and fight.

Btw I was'nt very good. All my CYOA ended like this...lol

It explodes, immolating you in eldritch flame. You die a fiery death!
THE END
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

64bitrobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 08:21:28 pm »

Oh this is interesting, can't wait for the next update..if it comes.

I'm wondering, what would have happened if the kobolds were ignored?

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 07:10:14 am »

Good stuff, please continue!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 11:09:28 pm »

I...Dont realy want this to die.. *Pulls out a necromancy hand book and revives the thread*

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:38 am »

I'm right behind you on that Mulch.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 04:05:05 pm »

Follow the words of the dancing cat.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2008, 12:57:01 am »

Seems the OP's last activity was his last post in this thread... Im beting his computer got smashed or some such.
Pages: 1 2 [3]