Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can I Show You My Stuff?  (Read 4152 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I Show You My Stuff?
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2006, 02:55:00 am »

Paranoid   :roll:

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2006, 03:17:00 am »

So, now you UnReal World forumites are also calling me paranoid, eh?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2006, 06:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by flap:
[QB]For info : I have created a link to your maps and to this thread to an other thread, in an other forum :
http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=552

And I came here from that link.  :) I've never really been a fan of dwarves, but after reading through the big thread (not all of it, of course, that would probably take all day...) I have to say this project looks amazing. Good luck, Toady One, I can't wait to play it!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2006, 09:54:00 pm »

Welcome to the mess!

It seems like the only person who can wait is Gezol.  There is much wisdom there...  the first release is going to be alpha-alpha-alpha...  I suppose there's a tradition of slowly-improving multi-release text games.  We've talked a bit about what would constitute "version one", and this won't be it.  3 to 5 years, assuming I have food and so on.  I'll be able to outline what's going on once we get to August.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2006, 11:17:00 pm »

I added some more biomes as I was winding down on this map stuff.  Now the different fortress fauna can be controlled more precisely.  I didn't really differentiate between bogs and fens, since I don't have a reliable way to determine soil acidity.  This will be one of the first release tragedies to be overcome later.  The human capital was on the "sullen crystalline hill of romances".  This is another tragedy.

Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter
w / lil circles

edit: (also, I agree that the elves in the deciduous forest in winter look odd...  maybe they'd want to stop the leaf fall...  or hang pretty ornaments on the dead branches at least...  I might color that cyan, later)

[ June 12, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

edit 2: (also, I drew those circles in myself in a paint utility -- those are currently beyond my poor ASCII art skills)

[ June 12, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]