Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to find war legends?  (Read 1006 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
How to find war legends?
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:48:33 pm »

I don't quite understand how the legends work. There are tons of hidden things for me to find, but I'm a very impatient person, and would like to read about the great wars of the Broken Toes without searching out peculiar individuals scattered across the land. Is there an easier way to find information on wars, or even have them available at the start?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to find war legends?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 02:17:18 pm »

At world-gen time, don't choose "Create new world now!", instead go to:

Design New World With Parameters

Choose the size you want (normal is medium I think?)

Press e: Enter advanced parameters

set Reveal All Historical Events: Yes

Go back and press F6 to save if you want it to stay that way, or just go straight to pressing Enter to create the world.
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:21:19 pm »

EDIT: Wait, I press "e" and nothing happens! What's wrong, because I don't see that the hotkey "e" does anything
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:24:21 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:27:44 pm »

That's... weird. You're on the world design screen (says at the top, "Enter TO CREATE THE WORLD")? Does it give you a different key near the top to "Enter advanced parameters"?
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:31:54 pm »

Yes, I'm there. Here's all the options I have:

a: New param set
d: delete param set
8293: scroll
t: enter title
N: use random name
n: use custom name
S: use random seed
s: enter custom seed
F1 to reset the world params
F6 to save the world params

I've tried every one, and none seem to work.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:39:54 pm »

Are you using an older version, older than 0.28.181.39a? That's the one the advanced options were added in, if I'm reading the wiki right.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 02:41:47 pm »

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out it's 38c. I'm gonna go update now. Thanks for the help.