Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass hurt/heal?  (Read 1131 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Mass hurt/heal?
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:52:04 pm »

Is there anyway to make Tweak do this?  I seem to have something of a "dragon horde" problem, thanks to a mod that made a lot of megabeasts into civs to make them spread faster, and lemme tell you, nothing ruins your day like 20 black dragons attacking your starting fortress.  And since they don't identify by name, it's hard to keep track of which ones are or aren't dead, so I just want to be able to murder the entire category.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass hurt/heal?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:05:09 am »

Generate a new world and set it so generation stops when 100% of megabeasts are dead.

Alternately, you could change their size in the raws to 1 and have minidragons.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:20 am »

That might work, yeah, I dunno that I really want them ALL dead, though...  I like the occasional dragon, sure, it's when 20 of them come knocking at my front gate that I start worrying.  They're quick about it, too.  I'm usually under assault before the end of the first year.  Maybe 98% - that ought to make for some areas that are relatively megabeast clear.

Edit:  So it turns out that a bit from Martmod was giving them their own civilizations, explaining the random ambush parties.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:38:11 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:35:43 pm »

Hurt does not keep track of dead animals. What happened is that Tweak just gives Dragon's full red wounds on everything. They'll die shortly after unpausing the game.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 08:09:12 pm »

Martmod's megabeast civilizations do get the 'stop for megabeast percent dead' applied to them, because they are just a regular civ.

Create a backup copy of the body files, and replace their bodies with something that needs to breath but has no lungs or something similar. When loading the game up, they should all suffocate. With that out of your way, save and reload the old complete body files.
God Modding ftw!
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.