Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin golf  (Read 1027 times)

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
Goblin golf
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:20:34 am »

In my latest siege, my legendary axedwarf armed with a +steel battle-axe+ managed to propel a goblin bowman 45 squares diagonally (i.e. 45 squares down, 45 squares left).

This got me thinking - what's the furthest you have seen a creature (doesn't have to be a goblin) be propelled in either fortress or adventurer mode?

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin golf
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:57:31 am »

I don't remember what post it was, but I recall someone boosting an artifact adamantine warhammer from an abandonned fortress, and hurled a giant desert scorpion some 130 tiles or so
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:00:19 am »

My hammerdwarf got a hole in one yesterday. He hit a goblin straight down the middle tile of my road, through the middle of the gates, and the goblin landed in the center tile of the trade depot, 40 tiles from liftoff.

Oh, and the elves were there trading :)

I don't remember what post it was, but I recall someone boosting an artifact adamantine warhammer from an abandonned fortress, and hurled a giant desert scorpion some 130 tiles or so

It was indeed an artifact adamantine warhammer, but it was a giant leopard (in the desert).
Oh, and it was 157 tiles
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 07:03:28 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:03:36 am »

It was indeed an artifact adamantine warhammer, but it was a giant leopard (in the desert).
Oh, and it was 157 tiles

WOW, now that was an epic hit.  ;D

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:23:41 am »

nice, very nice

ive been able to do about the same thing, think i only got like 115ish, if one of me old legendary sworddwarfs, awwww good times, eventually slaughtered pretty much every village with Mr. "Unknown", as that is what his nickname was