Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coincidence? I think not  (Read 883 times)

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coincidence? I think not
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:42:04 pm »

Totally random, but not a coincidence:

I was searching for a region where there are NO megabeasts (This includes no demons), so I set the parameters for a POCKET world to end at year 10000, stop if the megabeasts dead percentage is 100 (Meaning all megabeasts must be dead for stoppage) and set the year to check this value at 5000

So I generate the world, after a few tries it gets to a world it likes and generates up to year 5000, where it promptly changes from 'The Demonic Age' to 'The Age of the Elf', and stops

I go to the Legends screen of this world and see that there are NO events on the Age of the Elf (No major events, there were some minor ones when I enabled them) and at the top, it read 'An age when elves ruled the world'

After enough shivers had been sent up my spine, I promptly exit and prepare to delete the region, feeling completely justified in my actions. Then I check the region number, it was: Region 13

Coincidence? I think not
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Coincidence? I think not
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:16:44 pm »

You're afraid of elves?

I'd also guess that somehow the elves ate whatever what was in the 'demonic age'.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:48:53 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:19 pm »

Have you gotten an Age of (Demon's Name Here) yet?

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:44:52 am »

It stayed to The Demonic Age, actually, until The Age of the Elf, I may have misread something but I'm sure it was just those two ages, which probably meant that more than one demon was wiped out simulateously
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.