Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug in Job description  (Read 537 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bug in Job description
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:46:02 am »

Allright, i dont' know if this has been mentioned or not, or maybe i'm hallucinating. 

I've had one of my miners try to get a meeting with the head dwarf, for, what is in game, at least a month. I look at his job, and its always at "attend meeting" However, when i went to zoom in on him, i found out that he was always doing other things, namely transportation of goods. This would mean that the system that updates the jobs ("u" key.) isnt' updating properly when it needs to go from "Brings stuff to stockpile"

However, it did updated from "attend meeting" to "Drink" and from then on, worked perfectly.

Please also note that during this time, the dwarf in charge, did say that he was on the "conduct meeting" job.

have i mentioned all i need to, or is there something else?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Bug in Job description
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 04:39:47 am »

The code that produces the "attend meeting" text is only called when they don't have a job, so I'd need a save to get further with this one.  Was the dwarf actually transporting the good or just idly hauling around a whiskey barrel like an idiot as sometimes happens?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:01 pm »

hrmmm.... i think everyone died horribly in that save. i'll let you know when i have one, though. how do i get it to you?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:39:04 am »

This happened to me once a couple of forts ago. I had a guy who had just finished drinking something and then immediately went into the 'attend meeting' job without actually putting the barrel down. He then lugged the barrel around with him until the meeting was finish. That save had been acting pretty weird already though, so it might have been something else causing that to happen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.