Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dynasty Warriors 6 on PC  (Read 2157 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Dynasty Warriors 6 on PC
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »

Anyone else a Dynasty Warriors addict? Fileplanet has a playable demo.  I assume it would be really hard to play without a controller though, thankfully I have one.  Anyway, it's supposed to come out in November.  Seems like the biggest update to the series yet.  Better graphics and animation, and all sorts of new combat moves and stuff that aren't just the same old style of square, square, square, triangle, everyone goes flying.  Overall, playing as Lu Xun, it felt pretty good.  There are also now working siege ladders, and apparently you can swim.  You can also call your horse if what I read is right.  The game feels allot more tactical overall now.

Course if you have a PS3, unlike me, you already know about all this no doubt.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dynasty Warriors 6 on PC
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:27:41 pm »

I love Dynasty Warriors however I know when not to buy a Redundant series.

When they come out with a truely improved Dynasty Warriors game, Ill buy it... So far however? Nothing to write home about especially since the game just keeps repeating itself. The closest they came to an improvement would probably be Samurai Warriors where your not superfluous and actually need to do quite a bit of babysitting (I know some people actually hate that, to me it makes levels better)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »

Did you only ever play on the Easiest difficulty?  Dynasty Warriors is annoying because your allies can't do anything unless you're right there. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »

It depends which Dynasty Warriors though as a whole it is still true that you can pretty much leave Generals alone.

Samurai Warriors came out with the idea of Babysitting first. (Though I consider Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors to be part of the same series). Though it was more hands on babysitting and happened much quicker (Oichi's Final True Ending is a perfect example of this, the entire level is mostly running between generals to keep them alive)

If you played the game, even on hard... As long as you progressed you couldn't actually lose. Sure your allies can't do squat (Though in truth they can)... but the Morale hits your general butt kicking (or even Infantry buttkicking) can win you the map without you even touching the main generals.

The only stage I played, appart from ones with ambushes that plow straight to your main general, where I lost even though I was beating the enemy, left right and center was the Nnaman Campaign and that is only because it is a Morale Swamp

Samurai Warriors however, you can quickly lose if you forget to save your generals. (On hard it becomes hillarious!)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:52 pm »

I have Dynasty Warriors 4 or 5, I can't remember which.  It's way too easy, I usually play on Hard and the only character who gives me any trouble is Lu Bu.  I once held off a full sized, six or so Officer army with just one character and like 1000 troops.   He wasn't even a main character, he was one of those lame generic spear-guys.

Lu Bu, however, always managed to provide an interesting fight on Hard.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »

Lu Bu is interesting compared that in the Grand scheme of things he was rather unimportant, though his overall popularity was given birth by the many myths and legends surrounding it (Daio Chan for example probably didn't even exist... but there is apperantly a Playwrite on her)

I personally dislike him and I find the fights with him to be horrible. (I mean they are basically either Juggling him to infinity... or is attacking him while noticing you have absolutely no effect). Then again I guess if the fights against supperior opponents were any different it wouldn't be Dynasty Warriors... then again the First Dynasty Warriors ever was apperantly a fighting game according to what friends have said.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:20:45 pm »

I remember Lu Bu being overpowered in all the Dynasty Warriors games that I played...

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 11:54:49 pm »

Rule 1 of Dynasty Warriors: Do NOT Engage Lu Bu!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 02:56:29 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph37WhUi_OU

I still say that 'defeated an officer' line at random when I play violent video games.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 03:29:01 am »

Ugg, Dynasty Warriors is even more repetitive than Final Fantasy. I cant believe that a man with such a high standard of videogame playing (see Fallout3 thread) would even sink to buying another Dynasty warriors game. There are well over a dozen of these titles and if you played one then you have played them all.
A list if you don't believe me:
  • Dynasty warriors 1
  • Dynasty warriors 2
  • Dynasty warriors 3
  • Dynasty warriors 3 - Xtreme legends
  • Dynasty warriors 4
  • Dynasty warriors 4 - Xtreme legends
  • Dynasty warriors 4 - Empires
  • Dynasty warriors 5
  • Dynasty warriors 5 - Xtreme legends
  • Dynasty warriors 5 - Empires
  • Dynasty warriors 6
  • Dynasty warriors: Gundam
  • Samurai warriors 1
  • Samurai warriors 1 - Xtreme legends
  • Samurai warriors 2
  • Samurai warriors 2 - Xtreme legends
  • Samurai warriors 2 - Empires
  • Samurai warriors 2 - Empires
  • Warriors Orochi

There is 19 not even including the multiple portable versions(PSP, GBA, DS) that are slightly different again.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 04:29:05 am »

Well I've only bought 3, 4, and 5.  Each built upon the last and changed a few things without ruining the core of what made the game good and calling it "innovation".

Also, Dynasty Warriors one was a 1 on 1 fighting game for the PS1 and Dynasty Warriors 2 wasn't actually a sequel to it, they just named it that in the US for some reason.  You mentioned SW2 Empires twice, and failed to mention Warriors Orochi 2.  If you're going to act smug and superior at least make sure you're actually right.

Also also, what exactly is excessively repetitive about Final Fantasy?  The naming scheme?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 06:51:59 am »

You forgot about Warriors Orochi 2

As for Final Fantasy... Some of the final fantasy games were rather similar to eachother only having a different story. Though compared to Dynasty Warriors, Final Fantasy seems like it came out with an entirely original game each time.

I bought 2-3 Dynasty Warrior games and got Samurai Warriors as a present. Then I found out I could rent them and pretty much get all the enjoyment I normally would have in one go.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam should probably be the most disapointing. I mean come on!!! There are so many things you could do with Gundams fighting HUGE groups of enemies. They however did none of those things.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 07:05:32 am »

You forget Musou Orochi-Extreme Legends!
Is there one?  ;D

I have DW4 XL, DW5, DW5 EX, DW5 E (but gone). Samurai Warrior 2 is fun. Musou Orochi 1 too, but not too fun.