Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Underground River Exposed (Follow-up)  (Read 551 times)

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
[40d] Underground River Exposed (Follow-up)
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:15:21 pm »

Toady, do you need another save or more info on this?  For reference, this relates to bugs 948 and 966.

It happened on my current embark site.  The underground river is on the top z-level and fully exposed, but even after digging into it to set up a floodgate, I never got credit for discovering it (internal flooding lead to underground shrubs and trees, so I guess that didn't really matter).

Also, it ends (starts?) with a waterfall, which isn't falling from anywhere (only sky above) and isn't falling to anywhere (I dug out the level below it).

I'll put this in my archive for now, if you need it let me know.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Underground River Exposed (Follow-up)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:22:11 pm »

For what it's worth, the game counts discovery of features if you embark when they're visible. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to build magma buildings on sites with exposed volcanos/magma pipes.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Underground River Exposed (Follow-up)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:16:35 pm »

Understood, that's why I put that note in there about it working anyways.

It may just be my memory, but I could have sworn it made the announcement anyways - now that I think on it, I may be thinking of going local in adventure mode from travel mode and getting the river discovery notice.  No biggie.