Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] mugs are not i trade depot crafts  (Read 723 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
[40d] mugs are not i trade depot crafts
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:47 pm »

yeah topic say it all, i always have to search for the finished good bins in the "all" thing to set them pending
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] mugs are not i trade depot crafts
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:30:02 pm »

Press 's' to select particular objects. It's more like a search, you press 's' and then type in part of the name, in this case type in mug and it will list all objects with the word mug in their names.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:44:48 pm »

Press 's' to select particular objects. It's more like a search, you press 's' and then type in part of the name, in this case type in mug and it will list all objects with the word mug in their names.

That's a good workaround, but they should still be under crafts, shouldn't they?
Totems aren't in any of the categories, either. I'm a little less certain about those but I figure they probably ought to be crafts as well.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:01:56 pm »

Or you could... you know... make actual crafts, or sell lavish meals.

Really trading mugs right now is pretty buggy and uncool.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:34:46 pm »

Because, of course, selling roasted molasses to caravans for the price of an anvil per lunch is neither buggy nor uncool :P
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:52:13 am »

☼«☼Steel Bolts☼»☼

This is a stack of 50 Masterful Steel Bolts. The items are encrusted with masterfully-worked clear diamond.

Doing the above breaks the economy, but I like to think given the rarity of such a thing happening, that my dwarves had truly done something amazing and created an item worth all of the mundane crap packed into those wagons.

Nothing they bring is ever better than +Superior+ quality, and most is -Crappy- or normal. A stack of 45 of the best syrup roast you've ever tasted is surely worth more than a bunch of shitty ropes and barrels your civilization's craftsmen pooped out on the way to legendary, or death in mediocrity.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.