Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Gem window building order  (Read 636 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
[40d] Gem window building order
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:22 am »

i found that gem windows aren't built in the order then gems are selected, not even in the order of materials distance. so i think it is quite random now and it is hard to make a motion picture with the 3 phase of the gem windows like this, so i suppose that it is a bug, and dwarfes should build windows in order asked or at least in order of distances.
however it can be a not-bug too and it can be indead a way to make windows in a random way but i don't see its interest ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Gem window building order
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:22 am »

You just gave me an idea:

If you could control gem window build order, you could definitely have a sort of three-frame animated image displayed by them. That would be kind of neat, even if it didn't really make sense in in-game terms.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Gem window building order
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:27:00 am »

You just gave me an idea:

If you could control gem window build order, you could definitely have a sort of three-frame animated image displayed by them. That would be kind of neat, even if it didn't really make sense in in-game terms.
yes that was when i remarked this problem ;)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime