Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Squad selection gets stuck on specific squad during siege  (Read 677 times)

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
[40d] Squad selection gets stuck on specific squad during siege
« on: September 14, 2008, 02:38:16 pm »

I am currently in a situation where, when I'm cycling though my squads, I get stuck when I reach a certain squad. Specifically, what this means is that when I reach this squad, +/- don't work anymore. I can still leave the squad menu. When I do so, +/- works again, until I once again reach this specific squad.

This problem did not occur until I got a goblin siege. I don't yet know if it goes away after the siege. (Will update once I find out. :))

I you'd like, I can supply a save of the problem.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Squad selection gets stuck on specific squad during siege
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:38 pm »

In my current fortress the + and - do not work at all anymore.  It doesn't matter what squad I start viewing with 'x' none of them allow jumping to another squad.

I would guess a save with just a specific squad or 2 not working would be more useful then one in which they are all broken, so at the least make a backup in case Today needs it.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »

Already have. :)

In my case the problem seems to have gone after the siege. Though I did fiddle a bit with my squads as well. (Bloody champion wrestler decided to charge 16 goblins rather than wait safely behind my traps.)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:38:23 am »

This happens in my experience when the squad leaders of other squads become indisposed (sleeping, resting). Try swapping squad leaders and see if that helps at all. If not, good luck!
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 01:14:49 am »

This happened to me couple of days ago, and it wasn't cause anyone was sleeping 'cause I cycled up to a certain squad but it wouldn't keep cycling, - or +. Only a minor annoyance, and it might not even be relevant in the next version.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:55:52 pm »

Yeah, I'd like to take a look at it if you've still got a save.  I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:11 pm »

I think this happens because the leader is sleeping, therefore unconscious, therefore squad isn't active and you can't cycle back to it.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 04:43:44 pm »

I think one of my squad leaders was indeed sleeping at the start of the siege. However, I don't think it was the leader of the squad that locks. Also, the problem persists even with all squad leaders awake, so I'm not convinced that a sleeping leader is causing this. Good suggestion though.

One interesting thing that I did notice just now is that when I get stuck on a squad, the "+" and "-" keys seem to act as the letter "l", as they switch between "lock on this squad" and "don't lock on this squad".

Toady> I've sent you my save and a description of the situation. Thanks for taking a look at it, and good luck!

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 10:36:09 pm »

One interesting thing that I did notice just now is that when I get stuck on a squad, the "+" and "-" keys seem to act as the letter "l", as they switch between "lock on this squad" and "don't lock on this squad".

I can confirm this, without evidence.