Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Real Dwarven justice.  (Read 936 times)

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Real Dwarven justice.
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:55 pm »

In my current (cylindrical) fortress, an example for all of the Dwarves will be set. Justice will be served. Right next to the +Plump Helmet roast+. Literally. I've decided to put the jail in the exact same room as the Dining Hall. They will be publicly ridiculed, they will be the mockery of the day, they will become tonight's entertainment. I hope this will discourage the others to violate production orders!
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Lazer Bomb

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine! Cosine! TANGENT!
    • View Profile
    • Homepage 60☼
Re: Real Dwarven justice.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:11:07 pm »

Too bad that doesn't do anything...yet.
Kagus: "Still, demonic spelunking is always a promising idea."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »

What does it mean to violate production orders? hahah i've always wondered.

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:54 pm »

i put my cages in the room with my cistern, so they are very close to the well (less time to give water). i put two small jail rooms of 10 cages in a pattern that looks like HI

i didnt notice it right away, but its humorous enough that im keepin it like that. Maybe ill make another set of cages for another word? HI MOM would be a funny shape for a prison :)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 11:04:28 pm »

Violating production orders is what happens when a noble says "Make me 10 crystal glass items" and you say "screw that." If you don't kill the noble before the production mandate expires, then he'll pick some poor hapless dwarf to get punished, either by jailing or beating.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:32:49 am »

My prisoners are crammed into 1x3 cells down in the Furnace Wing of the fortress; a furnace or forge, then a cell, then another hot workshop, then a cell, etc. I have a need for fortress symmetry, so my stockpiles dictate additional space between workshops in that area. I like to think that between baking in the heat radiating from the walls and the constant sounds of hammering and hauling, dwarves are reminded of the importance of dedicating themselves fully to the glory of the fortress.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:55:27 am »

What does it mean to violate production orders? hahah i've always wondered.
Production Orders is ecstasic, she dined in a legendary dining room lately, she talked with a friend recently, she ######## recently, by Urist McInJail.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime