Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Couple of questions:  (Read 924 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Couple of questions:
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:47:39 am »

1) how does the "find desired location" work, i hit the button, and i was transported somewhere, am i able to hit "Search" again? and is there a way I am able to find sand, or do i just have to get lucky

2) I downloaded Mike Mayday's mod, but when i boot up the game, the screen is MASSIVE, almost the size of my full screen. I can't reach the bottom to adjust it. Is there anyway i can adjust the size of the screen?

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of questions:
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:29:45 am »

You are able to hit search again, but it will transport you to the same place as before, unless you modify the search parameters.
And no, sand isnīt included within the search prameters, so you just have to be lucky.

At the moment the best way to get a locaton with the desired parameters and sand is, to change the values for your desired parameters in the init.txt from "FINDER" to "ALWAYS", so that you are able to see them on the map and afterwards can manually look for a good location.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:45:01 am »

2) I downloaded Mike Mayday's mod, but when i boot up the game, the screen is MASSIVE, almost the size of my full screen. I can't reach the bottom to adjust it. Is there anyway i can adjust the size of the screen?
data\init\init.txt has settings for screen size.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:44:15 pm »

I had the same problem with the screen size/ resolution when I d/l'd off Mayday's site.

I downloaded from this site and just copy-pasted the tileset into it and it worked. There is too much messing around in the .int files with Mayday's version.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:49:46 pm »

allright, guys, i edited the .init file like you said. however, i still have the same issue. is there anything I'm missing?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 06:53:41 pm »

I think the thing you want is called GRIDSIZE or something similar.  Lower the Y value to 25.
Shoes...

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 01:56:28 am »

where do i find that? in addition, i tried to overwrite the INIT.TXT file from the dwarf fortress zip, and it didn't do anything.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 03:37:41 pm »

Okay, i've gotten MOST of the graphics where i want it.  However, in windowed mode, they still seem a bit, well, squished. Here's how i have it:

[WINDOWED:PROMPT]

This is the size and font for windowed mode.  Changing to 800x600 and the 800x600 font might make you happier.

[WINDOWEDX:640]
[WINDOWEDY:600]
[FONT:curses_640x300.bmp]

Full screen info.

[FULLSCREENX:800]
[FULLSCREENY:300]
[FULLFONT:curses_800x600.bmp]

If this is set to YES, the tiles will not be stretched, but rather the game view will be centralized, surrounded by black space.  Tiles that are too large will always be compressed rather than running off the screen.

[BLACK_SPACE:NO]

Graphics info, most of it as above.  Set GRAPHICS to YES to turn it all on.  This will use the "raw/graphics" folder for tile information.  Currently this is limited to whatever creature graphics you have downloaded.  The game comes with a few pictures to demonstrate.  As of September 2008, the Dwarf Fortress Wiki has graphical tilesets available at http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/List_of_user_graphics_sets.

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1024]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:768]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]
This is the dimensions in tiles of the display grid.  Minimum x is 80.  Minimum y is 25.  Maximums are 200.  Make sure the window size or full screen resolution matches the grid/tile size if you don't want the display to be squashed or stretched.  The default windowed font has tiles that are 8x12 pixels, for instance, so for a 80x25 grid, you use a 640x300 window, and for a 125x50 grid, you'd use a 1000x600 window.  FULLGRID is used in full screen mode, whether graphics is on or not.

hese are the display colors in RGB.  The game is actually displaying extended ASCII characters in OpenGL, so you can modify the colors.

[BLACK_R:5]
[BLACK_G:5]
[BLACK_B:3]

[BLUE_R:30]
[BLUE_G:50]
[BLUE_B:168]

[GREEN_R:60]
[GREEN_G:128]
[GREEN_B:0]

[CYAN_R:0]
[CYAN_G:128]
[CYAN_B:140]

[RED_R:200]
[RED_G:20]
[RED_B:0]

[MAGENTA_R:128]
[MAGENTA_G:50]
[MAGENTA_B:200]

[BROWN_R:140]
[BROWN_G:98]
[BROWN_B:56]

[LGRAY_R:192]
[LGRAY_G:192]
[LGRAY_B:192]

[DGRAY_R:128]
[DGRAY_G:128]
[DGRAY_B:128]

[LBLUE_R:0]
[LBLUE_G:120]
[LBLUE_B:255]

[LGREEN_R:170]
[LGREEN_G:255]
[LGREEN_B:0]

[LCYAN_R:0]
[LCYAN_G:200]
[LCYAN_B:255]

[LRED_R:255]
[LRED_G:50]
[LRED_B:0]

thats a full list of what i changed. is there anything else i need to change?

[GRID:80:64]
[FULLGRID:80:64]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:45:46 pm by SimRobert2001 »