Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Silliest Artifacts  (Read 4631 times)

HoffaSaurusX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silliest Artifacts
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 03:29:54 pm »

A new one I got today

Actchilled, a larch bracelet.

Fine larch, with bands of larch and an image in pine on it of dwarves travelling. I like to think they look chilled...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 12:44:56 am »

In my latest fort I had 10 artifacts before goblins took over (and 6 dead from failed moods).

I haven't had anything really silly but have had 1 sad artifact. A mudstone bed with bands of turquoise with an image of one of the dead mood dwarfs striking another down. Not really something you want to look at when you're in bed.

A little history behind the image: I always lock dwarfs in when I can't fill their mood requests but one of them was a mother trapped inside with 1 of her children who grew into a peasent while trapped at about the same time that moody dwarf went beserk and killed her son.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 02:04:38 pm »

i just ad to share a couple from my current fort the names are pretty good
Merirfath The Pregnant Sack - a gem bin
Bem Etvuth The Flute of Scandal - a microcline mechanism (???)

and la peice de resistance:
Avuz Od The Mine of Limbs - a felsite scepter ( i lol' d pretty hard considering my mines next to a chasm just got invaded by a horde of giant bats and they had a pretty large battle with my 3 hammer dwarves and now the mines are in fact spatterd with limbs, dwarf chunks and bat chunks)
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:18 am »

Weepbusts - An alligator bone cage, worth 39600.

Encrusted with haematite.
Decorated with donkey bone and turtle shell.
Encircled with bands of alligator bone, donkey leather and willow.
Hanging Rings of donkey bone and turtle shell.
Menacing spikes of moss opal and birch.

All in all he used up ten items, including two stacks of 7 donkey bones. With the sheer amount of crap he was collecting to stick on it I was expecting an earring. I was pleasantly suprised. I don't mind silly artefacts as long as they're useful. Hey, this one's a cage. I could make a gorgeous prison out of it, or stick something like an elephant into it and set it up in my dining hall to make it legendary.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?
Pages: 1 2 [3]