Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarves no longer sell flux  (Read 465 times)

jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarves no longer sell flux
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:05:00 am »

40d version, I have played a few locations and it seems flux stone materials are no longer requestable or for sale even from dwarven liaisons and caravans.

Tanelorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves no longer sell flux
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:28:14 am »

That could be because for the site you picked this time, your civilization has no access to flux, nor do the humans.
In my experience, it happens more often in worlds that stop quite early on (say, year 300) than in older worlds (year 1050). I think it's because older worlds have fewer civilizations left, but each remaining civilization is large (lots of sites, lots of chances of one of these sites having access to flux, and then flux is tradeable).
In young worlds, civilizations are smaller, and less likely to have access to everything.

In my current game, I cannot trade beauxite, and that's a real pain, because I haven't found any myself. And humans only have 4 kinds of wood to trade.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:41:43 am by Tanelorn »

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves no longer sell flux
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:31:17 pm »

Dwarven Steel Toys: The steel ore for those screwed over by the rock layers in their home site!

Use all that wood for ash instead of charcoal and pig iron! :) Make clear glass!
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.