Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d...and every other version I've tried] Rendering broken  (Read 571 times)

NewOutlook

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40d...and every other version I've tried] Rendering broken
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:25 pm »

I've tried everything I can think of to deal with this and nothing seems to work.  When I try to play the game I get...this: .  I've tried updating drivers, checking for corrupt opengl dlls, etc.  And this is all of course out of a fresh unzip.  This subforum seemed the applicable place to post about this.  In addition, there's some interesting points about the intro video that I get on this computer:
At the beginning on a blue '12' shows.
Most of the sequence seems screwed up in an not entirely placeable way
No dwarves.

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d...and every other version I've tried] Rendering broken
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:14 pm »

Looks like you are on a mac. Is there a mac specific issue I don;t know about (other forum readers.)
Basic troubleshooting

Have you tried turning off partial print in the init settings?  Does the screen flash?
Are you using graphics?  See if the files in df\data\art are corrupt. 

If not, please consider the following questions.
Is there blood dripping from the walls? Are short, hairy beings haunting your dreams?
Is there someone you occasionally run into who always starts their conversations with a Hi and ends by stating your name? Perhaps a sudden urge for crumpets? Have you recently been assaulted by large naked blue men? Have you recently had an outbreak of herpes or tantrums?

If so, please ensure that your dining area is large and well engraved. Studies suggest that valium is only half as effective as a mythic cafeteria.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:52:52 pm »

Have you tried updating your Open GL drivers?  That exact screenshot's been posted a dozen times in the last year, all with the same solution: Update OGL.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:13 pm »

I think it also had to do with a texture compression performance setting within the driver.  I'm not sure what the presets are on that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!