Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liaison presents random, second, completely arbitrary trade agreement and leaves  (Read 770 times)

Hamwise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Version: 0.28.181.40c

It's the first year in my very first semi-serious attempt at a working fortress. Come autumn, the caravan arrives, bringing the outpost liaison with it. He asks me what I'd like them to bring next year and I give ultra-high priority to iron anvils and higher-than-average priority to copper picks. A few minutes pass and he shows me the agreement, which has iron anvils at 181% and copper picks at 133%. Fair enough, right? He then motions me towards the trade depot where we exchange goods. Turns out they brought an iron anvil this year (two of them, actually, and two steel ones as well) so I don't have to wait until next year to be gouged. I end up taking the anvil, some meat, some bronze bars, and some gems in exchange for a ton of granite goods and some barrels of prepared food. Everything goes well and eventually the caravan leaves.

But the liaison doesn't.

He shadows my mayor until late autumn, when suddenly he tells me, again, that he's prepared our trade agreement. I look it over and it's nothing but random items at random priorities, none of which I have any use for. He then bids a jaunty farewell and strolls away. I've included a screenshot of the trade agreement below.

If that doesn't work, here's a link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68514263@N00/2854272016/

Do you think it'll bother honoring my first, sane trade agreement, or can I expect an overabundance of legwear, backpacks, and musical instruments next year?

Baneslave

• Bay Watcher
  • Claymore Thrower Dwarf
    • View Profile

Those are the items mountain homes wants from you. IE, the requests the liaison makes for you.

You don't have to trade any of those items, but if you are lucky you can get some good price increases.
[BUTCHERABLE_SIGNATURE]

DarkStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Dam Builder
    • View Profile

I believe that what you are actually seeing here is what the liason wants from you, what you decided on is the import agreement, this is the export agreement. Make these items and you will get a better price for them at trade.

[Edit] Opps, somone managed to get a reply in before I did.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

your mayor was busy for a long time, liason stuff is considered low priority.

thats the stuff they want from YOU
(the list is randomly generated, not cohesive at all)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

your mayor was busy for a long time, liason stuff is considered low priority.

thats the stuff they want from YOU
(the list is randomly generated, not cohesive at all)

I had a case where they requested cooked food. At 190% price.

THEY ARE SCREWED!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I frequently have them request items from me that I just requested from them...
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a case where they requested cooked food. At 190% price.
THEY ARE SCREWED!
cooked food is imba. it's all i make in terms of trade items!
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.