Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Codings.... All hail Toady.  (Read 1072 times)

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Military Codings.... All hail Toady.
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:45:34 am »

I'm still sorting through how to set up the new entity raws. I didn't want to hardcode any of the new military positions, so all of the entity positions will be coming out into the raw txt files. Your monarch, the hammerer, the outpost liaison, as well as all the site appointments and the guard positions, and the rest will all be there, in addition to some military structure (which will have to depend on site size among other things). I haven't yet decided how much randomization will be there at this time or how that will work (it's one of the near term goals posted so it has to be respected now to save myself some time later). In any case, it's sort of off-and-on work, since there are a lot of stumbling blocks that need to be stewed over. From the Future of the Fortress (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_next.html) goals, I'm elevating (*)Improving military organization/command structure (*)Having civ/site leaders organize armies and continue world gen wars (*)Improvements to dwarf mode squad control (*)Make caves and the underground more interesting up to "current" status and downgrading the rest back to "future", and these will be the minimum for the next release.

From the latest development log.....just YAY for these changes.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Codings.... All hail Toady.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:16 am »

Hail Toady One!
May the greatest game, that is DWAAARF FORTREEES! will be always be the greatest.

Amin.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:25:11 pm »

Sweeeeeeet.

Now to find some worldgen seeds that wind up with me at war with somebody other than goblins ;D
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Where does Toady post that stuff?  It shows up here on the forum, but it seems to come from somewhere else...
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 06:41:26 pm »

Where does Toady post that stuff?  It shows up here on the forum, but it seems to come from somewhere else...

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_now.html

Enjoy.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.