Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garbage?  (Read 647 times)

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Garbage?
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:51:56 pm »

I am thinking about the possibility to create "random" garbage in a fortress. Something that makes a sewer usefull maybe. My first idea was to create vermin that dies on instant and leaves a garbage "corpse". Is there a way to instantkill spawning vermin? My second guess was to change the behavior of "eating"...something like plants that leave seeds when eaten. Is it possible to make a dwarf drop an item if he eats food?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Garbage?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:16:30 pm »

I'm confused. Edible plants ALREADY leave seeds behind when eaten; that's how you keep getting them.

Also, you might be able to make vermin die immediately if you mess with their raws to do something like, I don't know, make them aquatic but spawn out of water. However, anything that makes them die immediately MIGHT screw up their world populations, if the game goes by that at all.

The problem is that these vermin would spawn in weird places, whether there should be trash there or not. Although, actually, some might spawn closer to things like food (flies and such). So try it out.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:36:03 pm »

[HEATDAM_POINT:0]

Should make the vermin instantly die of heat the minute they enter the world.

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:55:16 am »

the thing about the plants is: if i can edit the dropping of seeds i can make the plants drop trash instead...is there a "reaction" for eating?