Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tame Giant Toad Killed by caravan guards  (Read 1466 times)

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tame Giant Toad Killed by caravan guards
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:35:21 am »

i was looking at the units screen and noticed that my Stray Giant Toad(Tame) had been marked as hostile. I figured it was normal since they're so aggressive, but seconds later it was struck down by a human hammerman. I'm not sure if they are only hostile towards humans or if a kobold thief that was nearby triggered it but now i lost my only toad and can't get another because river creatures never migrate into new areas, is that a bug as well?
Also i had a cave crocodile, but one goblin killed it because for some reason they go into panic mode and try to run like a kitten, when you would expect them to fight like a crocodile... :'( :'( :'(

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tame Giant Toad Killed by caravan guards
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:46:56 am »

No! Toady one has been struck down?   :o  :(

Hope it is only the clone.....

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:33:13 am »

i had affectionately dubbed him toady two.... :'( at least i still have his bones...

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:54:44 am »

Urist McIdiot cancels funeral: Today One has not fixed enough bugs
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 01:45:56 pm »

sort of related to this, there's been one and only one creature on the current map I'm on, an alligator that is afraid of everything and runs from kittens if they get close. It's a swamp map.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:26:50 pm »

Had the toad previously killed anybody?  I'm not sure why it would be marked hostile after it is tamed.  Is this true of all tamed creatures from cave features now?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 12:21:10 pm »

I just had this happen to me, sort of. Caught a hoary marmot, tamed it, and one of my dwarves was moving it from the animal stockpile to another empty cage nearby I keep set up to release animals from when my miner ran past, beat it to death and carried on his merry way. I got the 'stray marmot (tame) has been struck down' message, so it wasn't a wild animal.

Edit: just got the same sort of thing - a dwarf getting scared off by a stray hoary marmot (tame). The only thing I can spot is that the animal trainer hauled some food to the cage and went to sleep for a bit, then came back and finished taming it. Maybe the running off for a nap interupted something?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:00:31 pm by King Doom »