Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strip mining and the resulting space  (Read 1456 times)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strip mining and the resulting space
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:37:11 am »

I was just gonna mine out the HFS and will be left with a 46x46x10 giant room. Any ideas how to fill it? I'll probably collapse all the floors in hopes of recovering a few extra chunks of rock from the debris so building would be extremely tedious. I don't really like constructed walls anyway

I was thinking a throne room but it'd be so big it'd end up being mostly empty space and thus looks pretty crappy

nondescuid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strip mining and the resulting space
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:55:32 am »

Make a throne room, but structure it by making a 'pedestal' for the throne out of platinum floors, with a 'red carpet' out of electrum floors leading up to it! Line said 'red carpet' with valuable statues. Maybe make little alcoves on the side where you can put the offices of other nobles.

Or just make it the most legendary dining room ever!

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:36:38 am »

Pit goblins in dah
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:P
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:31 am »

Make a throne room, but structure it by making a 'pedestal' for the throne out of platinum floors, with a 'red carpet' out of electrum floors leading up to it! Line said 'red carpet' with valuable statues. Maybe make little alcoves on the side where you can put the offices of other nobles.

Or just make it the most legendary dining room ever!

Pedestals don't work too well if they span multiple z levels, his office does need to be high quality and a tiny mound of platinum walls with a platinum ramp leading up to it probably won't satisfy him since his office would be z level 2 and all the valuable stuff leading up to it would be on level 1

But yeah, constructing noble offices along the sidelines does sound like a good idea. Maybe little balconies overlooking the room. Don't know what to do about the railings though

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:57 am »

he could engrave that level, it shouldn't be too hard... build floor near the wall, engrave, deconstruct floor. also, he could keep some floor for furniture. there is nothing that a couple of adamantine statues can't do.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 02:53:10 pm »

Fill it with water or magma.

Just cuz.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 03:16:52 pm »

I would have to suggest a demon temple.  Plate the area around the pits with gold, and add a little shrine above it.

All sacrifices greatly welcomed.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 04:20:38 am »

Party room!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:09:03 am »

Gobbitorium!  :D
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 05:29:52 pm »

Build a giant colloseum! And floor above it with tables and chairs, being a meeting hall and a dining room.
There's no such thing like watching goblins die while eating your plump helmet stew.  8)