Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few simple questions  (Read 608 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few simple questions
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:28:48 pm »

So i have a prosperous fortress, squad of champions etc. Goblins siege me 2 times per year, with about 60 goblins, but they aren't a really challenge so i want to make some changes to make the game more interesting.

1. If I add NOFEAR tag to the goblins, will it make them fight to the last, instead of half o them actually fighting, the rest fleeing?

2. Is there any way to make goblins come in larger numbers?, like 200 per siege for example?

3. Unfortunately i have only 1 megabeast in my world, a titan, but he hasn't come so far.
If I change cyclops, giants etc. to MEGABEAST instead of SEMIMEGABEAST, will they start coming to my fortress like megabeasts do?
If yes i will boost their stats a lot and have some fun with them :)

And some questions about what i may try in the next world:

4. If i mod more types of megabeasts will more of them appear in the world during generarion, or there will be the same number of megabeasts, but with more variation?

5. Is it possible to equip creatures like giants and ogres with some weapons (like clubs) without making then form a new civilization?

Thanks for help in advance. 
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: A few simple questions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:05:16 am »

1. It should
2. Not that I know of
3. Yes they will, but they will also be hunted with greater numbers
4. I think that you will end p with more total, but because of the greater numbers there will be more hunters. I found that the best way to get megabeasts to survive is to make them more easily worshipable by civilizations. The biggest way to do this is to change the tag in the entity for religion to [RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER]
5. Not that I know of. What you can do, however, is make it so that their civilizations only exist in caves, and give each site a low top population number. This means that there civs will not even appear as civs any more than kobolds will appear as civs. They won't even show up at your fortress unless you give them some sort of babysnatcher or sieger tag.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: A few simple questions
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:33:43 am »

5. Not that I know of. What you can do, however, is make it so that their civilizations only exist in caves, and give each site a low top population number. This means that there civs will not even appear as civs any more than kobolds will appear as civs. They won't even show up at your fortress unless you give them some sort of babysnatcher or sieger tag.

Or ITEM_THIEF, or SKULKING. It's fun to find a cyclops thief in the middle of your treasure pile :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository