Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40b] Crash in unit screen  (Read 808 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
[40b] Crash in unit screen
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:37:18 pm »

Vanilla DF, on an asus aspire lappy. I'm getting a semi-repeatable crash when I'm in the unit screen, specifically when I zoom to a building (using b) that the dwarf is constructing. It doesn't happen every single time, but maybe one in every 40 or so uses. Of the 6 or so times I've observed it, 4 have been zooming to walls being constructed, and the other 2 were to beds.

Only possible cause on my end I can think of is a couple of save-scums at the start of the fort.

I have a save handy if you need them as well, if you can tell me how to upload it.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40b] Crash in unit screen
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:49:37 pm »

I think there was a report earlier about this happening if the job was suspended. Does the same condition apply to this crash?
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 06:36:39 pm »

It might do. I remember getting a couple of Urist cancels building; wall messages prior to a couple of the crashes, and I haven't got any cancellations or crashes in the last couple of hours.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:34 pm »

If the save has a chance of reproducing this one, which I haven't been able to reproduce myself, I'd be glad to look at it.  I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!