Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tweak and .40c  (Read 1177 times)

Kageshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tweak and .40c
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:08:25 pm »

I've seen and downloaded an unofficial .40c update for Tweak but it doesn't appear to include a working Adjust Profile.  Is there an updated version for this or any word from the creator of the utility on the subject?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak and .40c
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:37:31 pm »

It is no longer included because it's possible to save embark profiles without using a utility now.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:02:02 pm »

If you're just wanting to modify profiles above and beyond what DF allows (ie, cheat for more points, higher skills) you can use Dtil, it has a embark editor feature.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Kageshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:25:39 pm »

If you're just wanting to modify profiles above and beyond what DF allows (ie, cheat for more points, higher skills) you can use Dtil, it has a embark editor feature.

Thanks, cheating may be underhanded but having the seven starting dwarves kitted out with better than usual skills makes things easier in the long run.  Less headache for me while I'm still learning the wealth of other elements of DF.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:42:57 pm »

I understand that, I like to give myself more than 7 starting dwarves sometimes. Or some ridiculous amount of items to goof around with, like starting with full sets of armor/weapons, trained military, and having them dig down to fight demons right from the start :)

Cheating certainly doesn't hurt anything in a single player game, as long as it's not ruining your own fun.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link