Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whats with the bats?  (Read 751 times)

Srath47

• Bay Watcher
  • No Pain No Gain
    • View Profile
Whats with the bats?
« on: August 30, 2008, 12:52:33 am »

i was just playing along and all the sudden i got swarmed with a ton of bats. any one care to sheding some light on this? lol my cat was sure busy xD.

"BEHOLD, FOR ARMOK BREATHED LIFE INTO THE VERY ROCKS IN THE RIVERS AND COMMANDED THEM TO GO FORTH AND MUTILATE RANDOM PASSERS BY."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Whats with the bats?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:14:09 am »

Just as can happen in adventure mode, it is possible that dwarves will disturb a swarm of some type of vermin. It is not very likely (I have only seen it happen in fortress mode about five times and I have been playing since 38c) but it can happen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Srath47

• Bay Watcher
  • No Pain No Gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:20:36 am »

Hmm alright, dunno what i did tho lol was chopping trees down just south of there would that cause it?
"BEHOLD, FOR ARMOK BREATHED LIFE INTO THE VERY ROCKS IN THE RIVERS AND COMMANDED THEM TO GO FORTH AND MUTILATE RANDOM PASSERS BY."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:55 am »

Its just a random effect that can happen anytime. One of those times that I talked about actually happened inside of my fortress.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Srath47

• Bay Watcher
  • No Pain No Gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 01:30:07 am »

alright thanks lol, just kinda new to DF and all that  :D