Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The tale of Gearchannel  (Read 1277 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
The tale of Gearchannel
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:08:46 pm »

a group of 7 peasants bring with them only a steel axe fled form the dieing fortress of Darkforest(not really but that was my last fortress), but their wagon broke down in and evil forest/mountain/stream end. Them and their leader whitefang decided to create their own fortress due to home being so far away knowing the trade routes came by there. within a few days they made shelter, but lost two of the fishing dwarfs while they tried drinking from the steams (even though i told them not to), then eteb keskalibesh lost his mind and strangled the leader whitefang to death and then went on to kill everyone except the woodcutter. The story will continue!!! will the wood cutter survive the night... or will he lose his mind!
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The tale of Gearchannel
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:28:04 pm »

I was hoping for something epic but the woodcutter was mauled by a werewolf, he then escaped tried drinking from the stream again then he went mad and ran straight into a murky poll and drowned himself. :-\
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:46:23 pm »

Losing is fun.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:55:26 pm »

I expected a long and epic story.... this made my day!
Nom nom nom

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »

This has inspired me to write a piece of Dwarven horror fiction.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 08:59:05 am »

I made a new fortress under the same restrictions (only one axe, and untrained dwarves) in a nice area...

its boring  >:(

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:22 pm »

nice area

That'd be why.

Haunted area's have all the Fun!
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Fien

• Bay Watcher
  • I kinda miss 40d, I knew how that worked.....sorta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »

I was hoping for something epic but the woodcutter was mauled by a werewolf, he then escaped tried drinking from the stream again then he went mad and ran straight into a murky poll and drowned himself. :-\

It's a perfect Dwarf Fort moral story. The world hates you....do not taunt it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:48:32 pm by Fien »
In his house at Fondledbread, bored Cthulhu sits playing.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 02:17:06 am »

Since I gan't do community forts. I'll try Fort-shorts (short stories about fortresses that don't last long love magma)
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 04:51:20 am »

If you want something fun and quick, just take on some simple projects.

Turn off immigration entirely, start a fortress, carve out some housing, build a depot, enclose it in a stone structure, and build a tower to one side.  Abandon and leave it in the world.  Litter the world with a half-dozen small outposts like this...  coming across a settlement of any size, even something small, can add flavor to a world.

Not everything has to be Copperblazes.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."